Friday 19 January 2018

New Kitten....

Well, I have a new kitten but as always things did not go quite to plan.
After the lose of Tilly and Godfrey last year I started sort of looking for a new cat/kitten or four! With my holiday coming up in October I thought it sensible to not get a newby until after my holiday. Plus, my friends baby was due in November and I would be looking after her three sons and then we had Christmas, but still I could look visit my local cat rescue (where all but Godfrey came from) and check out kitten adverts on line. I'm very suspicious of on line kittens as you hear so many horror stories but still I could look. I wanted a Maine Coon kitten and then a moggy kitten as a friend. I was also thinking of getting two old cats from cat rescue ....well either old or disabled to foster more than adopt (in case of high vet bills) So I visited the rescue centre three times but with no luck. I looked through the Maine Coon kitten page and nothing! *sigh*
So last Wednesday after contacting cat rescue and arranging to come over on Wednesday to meet up with the owner and foster a couple of old cats the girls and I arrived mid afternoon. The owner was not there but had apparently left instructions with a helper. OK, fine so I asked what cats I could foster, my only requests that they must get along with other cats and where not easy to home. So I was offered two cats, brothers. They had been homed and returned twice as one had had a couple of little 'accidents'? OK, so to me that was fine as cats often have toilet problems when first moved to a new home. Anyway I agreed to take them, but was then asked for an adoption fee. I'm not against paying for a cat or kitten it's a rescue centre...a charity BUT I had said I wanted a foster cat (or two) so I was told I would not be able to take the cats and the owner would phone me later that evening? Now I might add that the rescue is not just around the corner, in fact it's a 27 mile round trip!
I waited for the call but it did not come, nor the next night in fact there was no call until Saturday when I was not home. She said she would phone back later but nothing and it's well...the following Friday and I do feel a little put out I must admit. If she did not want me to have the cats she could have just said so....but then why offer them to me? If she was for some reason embarrassed she could have even messaged me on FB, I don't know maybe it was just me?
Meanwhile I was back looking on the computer where I found the details on a Maine Coon female cat aged about two looking for a new home. I contacted the breeder and we talked, she sent me photo's and this was when I realised that if Tilly and Godfrey would have mated this is what you would get..
Tilly
 Godfrey

AND.... Honeypot

  She is very shy but I think I can work with her and whatever I WANTED HER! LOL

The lady also told me about a Siamese kitten that had been returned to her as she had a tilted head? Apparently she was OK before her jabs.... those jabs are LETHAL so many cats are ill or die I just don't get why people still give them to their pets? Yes, I know the odd poorly cat v all the cats that would get ill or die from these illnesses outweighs the side effects. Well, that's what the drug companies say! Anyway the vet said she had no issues and it was all fine.
So this is a picture of the little kitten sent to me a few days ago. 

I said I would have her and who cares about a tilted head?
..................................

Thursday we went to meet Honeypot and bring the kitten who we would call Bluebelle home. But is was evident that the kitten was very sick and the owner did not want me to take her. Talk about disappointed, would I NEVER get another cat?
 Anyway I paid a deposit for Honeypot and will be going back few her in a few weeks once she has been spayed. If little Bluebelle is still with us and looking better I will be taking her too. Hope she gets on OK at the vets! 
Then the breeder mentioned another kitten that she still had, the last one in her litter as she was a little nutter...very very boisterous. So of course I asked to see her and it was looooove at first sight I just HAD to have her!
Meet Tinccabelle born on 22nd of September she is still tiny. 
This is her first photo shoot and I have titled it

A minute in the life of my kitten  












































Who knew a kitten could do so much in well, just over a minute? 







1 comment:

  1. LOL....such a cute set of pictures. Her paws don't look small, so I wouldn't count on her staying small. Sweet face though.

    ReplyDelete