Wednesday 22 November 2017

New Life

As most of you know my life has more than the average amounts of....incidents. Well I do like to share these things about a bit while naturally playing at least a small part in these ...incidents!
So for the start if this story we need to go back a little to the time when Integrity Toys announced the 2017 convention.
It was in Orlando and I really wanted to go, I had never been to a big doll convention and having my two girls I knew I would have to take them with me....along with my mum as their 'nanny'. So problem one was my dad...he's 87 and not in the best of health. But my friend said she would keep an eye on dad and dad said he would feed my nine cats so in the end I decided to go for it... this would most likely be my last chance as it's coming to the time when dad will not be able to be left. 
So the day was announced when the convention tickets would go live  and I was ready with my finger on the button.... it went live and..... my internet went DOWN!
That was that by the time I could get back on line all 530 tickets had gone....maybe it was for the best but I did put my name on the wait list not really expecting to go. Life went on and I pretty much forgot about it, until a e.mail came through offering me a second chance. I sooooo wanted to go but by now my friend was pregnant and I felt it might be a bit much still asking her to keep an eye on dad. Convention was the end of October and her baby was due 4th December. Anyway she talked me into going so in the end I went for it. The convention hotel was fully booked but I got in over the road at the Rosen Centre and we decided to add anther week (after all it was a long way to go from UK to Orlando for just one week. So we decided to fly down to Miami (we all LOVE Miami) and spend a week there and then fly home. 
So you all know how THAT went with the flight from HELL to Orlando and I will tell you another time how convention and Miami went as this tale is more about my friend and what happened with her and what happened once we were home.
OK, enough on the background now for the story....
Pregnant friend has three boys eight, twelve and fifteen. The older two used to be at school with Amy but they were badly bullied and not only moved to another area but also a new school (Amy is now home schooled) Fortunately still within visiting distance so we stayed in touch. Now this fourth child (a girl) decided to make life a little more interesting and present with placenta previa meaning my friend was now a high risk and would need a c section. Before my holiday she had a few glitches but with convention and holiday booked not a lot I could do about it. So we went away hoping baby would stay put until I returned as I was looking after her boys while she had the baby and her partner (not the boys father) stayed at hospital to support friend and baby.
All went well for a while away, c section was booked for 22 November and either her partner or I would be with her as she needed to rest. She did have a couple of shows and was taken to hospital but all was OK and she would return back home. Last week her partner or I was with her as much as possible, then on Friday a bit of an oops! Another friend had been with her most of the day as her partner needed to go to work ( he was having two weeks of after baby was born) I had gone to do some Christmas shopping with my mum and girls. Just as I'm driving home he phone's, she had called an ambulance and he was on the way to hospital she was loosing a lot of blood. Other friend had let to pick up her own children so leaving my friend alone with her younger son who had to witness all that was going on! So dumping mum, girls and goodies outside mum's house of I went. I passed the ambulance as it headed to the hospital her two older boys had arrived home from school just before the ambulance left and were naturally a little stressed, the younger boy had gone with her in the ambulance. So after a lunatic dash around the house for clothes and bedding (and a clean up in the bathroom) We headed for the hospital, an ashen faced partner and frightened boy greeted us outside of maternity. I collected the lad and we went to my house. Now as soon as we know friend would need a c section it had been arranged that the boys would stay with me overnight but that was Tuesday night not Friday! Fortunately I had brought pizza and two blow up beds in advance and the boys were soon settled if as we all were a little stressed. I walked around gripping my phone awaiting that ping that heralded a text message. Now if you knew me you know I'm still old school and it's pure luck if I look at my phone more than once in a day. A message said she had lost a lot of blood 2.4 litres. They would be performing the c section later that night. At 8:20 a message baby girl had arrived and friend still in theatre. Later a photo followed by hair brown, weight 7 pound 15 ounces. Born at 8:17 on 17th Nov 2017.  We all went to bed the boys crowded into Amy's room, Amy in Sophie's room and Sophie on the sofa in the living room. Cats all very confused. Not much sleep was had by me. Both ended up in ICU until Sunday morning. We visited Sunday afternoon and boy did she look ruff, baby though is a real little stunner. In the end boys stayed with me until Tuesday. 
 Amy loved her cuddle






No comments:

Post a Comment