Tuesday 8 August 2017

Dad's, Hearts and Chocolate Muffins

Saturday was a funny old day weather was hot/cold wet/dry nothing new there then! Not to bad in the morning and dad was pottering around in the garden, I have one small area that still needs finishing, it was but then the neighbours killed my trees so they had to be removed. This resulted in a empty area. I had the fence put in last year and a greenhouse up one end. My friend who is also another neighbour was moving and had a load of slabs in her garden so I had them and although not enough to fill the space I thought they would look OK with slate between them. Now these things are heavy and dad with his bad heart these are to much for him to lift. I still can't do much as my broken hand has never quite fixed itself PLUS I don't do those eight leg things! To be honest I'm not sure how the things are going to get laid? So then it started to rain, we all headed for indoors, dad was standing just inside on the steps leading to the kitchen, I wanted to get the cats in but knew they would not come in without a clear run so to speak. I asked dad to move so I could get the cats in, now my dad is VERY deaf and he just WILL NOT wear his hearing aid....he did not move so I asked him again! But still he did not move sooo I asked him again but a little louder still nothing! So again this time pretty loudly to move... and he exploded!?!?! Screamed he could not hear me and that was it he was going home and he headed for the front door? Mum stopped him before he reached the door and tried to calm him down! At first I laughed as I thought he was messing around then as soon as I realised he was not I went to see what was going on? Silly old fool was sitting on the stairs in a real lather Amy was crying and Sophie also became very distressed, mum and I did our best to calm him down we had never seen him like this before? Then the inevitable happened and he started clutching at his chest, we found his spray and after a few minutes he settled down. For the rest of the day he was not allowed out of site and to do anything more than watch TV. Still no idea what set him off but I have to say I was pretty frighted, stupid old fool I've told him so many times if he goes and snuffs it before we go to America in October who the heck will I get to look after the cats? So that was our Saturday!
Sunday, girls went for a swim in the pool in the morning and by the afternoon the rain was back! I just pottered about and sorted a few things in the doll room.
Monday we had to take Ike to the vet for his dental operation, this went well and he is now home and recovering fast. In the afternoon we had a few heavy rain showers and Godfrey decided he was going to sit out in the garden and see how wet he could get! The answer is VERY wet!


Today (Tuesday) mum the girls and I went to Van Hages a garden centre a few minutes from my home. There summer sale had just finished and a lot of areas were empty. I went to buy just a few things
Four cat collars....✔
A large plant pot to replace the one Jordan broke last week... X
Some Orchid feed .... ✔
And
Some bug spray for my Orchid's ....✔
What I was NOT buying....
Four plant pots for the garden
Three new large plants for the plant pots

A garden thermometer
A table...YES! a table but only a small table!


Three small cats


One is to go on Tilly's grave

Annnnd
A fairy door with some fairy pieces!


Now I'm home and just made some almond and chocolate muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment