Tuesday 29 August 2017

Still talking Godfrey

Thursday we buried my boy in the garden, again like Tilly just two weeks ago he had a full house with ten of us there to say goodbye. I'm worried about his 'wife' Ashley as she has been acting so strange since his death. We are giving her extra love but we are not Godfrey she want's her man! It's heartbreaking watching her. I had God for eleven years and he got along with every cat (apart from the white cat down the road, but then none of my cats get on with that white cat) But while he got along with all cats it was not until Ashley arrived that he new true kittie love. 



 With Ashley and her sons Jordan and Perri




I had this idea that it would be nice to foster a pregnant cat and interesting for the girls (and me) to hopefully witness the miracle of birth. Ashley arrived in February 2014 looking ready to drop any second. If you want to read her story this is the link https://foster-cats.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/hello-and-welcome.html  So once she ended up staying she met up with Godfrey, it was looooove at first sight and she would have followed him to the moon and back. Might have helped that he was the first guy cat that wanted HER and not for sex! She loved him deeply and we all called them Mr and Mrs. 


So the burial was as expected and the tears were pretty free flowing. Afterwards my friends son was trying to comfort Amy and he told her Godfrey was now a cloud in the sky floating away. A while later my mum called us to all look at a cat shaped cloud in the sky. Thing is she had not been around when Oli was talking to Amy and knew nothing of what he had told her? Just another strange coincidence to go with the other things that have happened since God died?
Bellow some more random photo's of my boy and in case you might be wondering yes, I will be getting another Maine Coon cat but not for a while.









No comments:

Post a Comment