Thursday 8 June 2017

Hospital Visits and Doll Friends

WOW! Even for me this week has been manic maybe I should change from a post a DAY to A post a WEEK? 
Monday I took mum to hospital appointment. She has been getting pains in her chest (nothing to do with heart) some sort of gastric issue. Although after all this time her pain had gone she was told that if she did not have the procedure done and it came back she would be at the bottom of the list. So she went ahead and had it done. I have never seen my mum so wound up about a procedure before. She had to have a tube up her nose and into her esophagus. She had a a machine on a belt that recorded ...well the reflex I guess? She had to wear this for 4 hours and return to the hospital the next day. By the time we got home is was late afternoon and not much time for anything before I cooked dinner. 
Tuesday was wet and VERY windy the nice weather was a distant memory. Back at the hospital for tube removal, mum said this was not so bad but I can tell you now I'm soooo not having this done to me! If I get what mum has I will tell then to check HER results. 😼
After a cuppa in the cafe we thought we would have a look around the shops. We were at a hospital in Hemel Hempstead a town we had never visited before and when I had looked up the hospital it showed it was next to a shopping centre. What it had not shown was that Hemel Hempstead was at the top of a VERY steep hill with the shopping centre at the bottom! So down we went one set of steps after another until we found the shops. At first we thought we had wasted our time but then we found the good shops. Maybe that was not such a good thing? LOL Anyway a couple of hours later and large shopper in tow we started to make our way back up the mountain... no I kid you not it was really like a mountain climb. BUT we found and entrance to the hospital with a lift up FIVE floors. then a long walkway and up TWO more floors and out the other side UP yet more steps and we are back in the car park. See I said it was a mountain! So home with a load of new clothes for my holiday (IT convention in October) OK, so shopping a little early but gotta get them when you find them! 
Wednesday was MANIC a doll friend was coming for a visit so I needed to not only clean the house (not done as was out with mum) but sort through some of my stuff and move it into dad's shed. I would not say I have to much stuff, one day it will all be used (most of it in foam core for the doll building buildings) By the evening I was starting to think I was ready to expire! LOL 
Today is Thursday and my doll friend has been and gone, we got on very well and I loved showing her my doll room and doll collection...she even had a look in dads shed at all my 'stuff'. 

 
 
My friend also made me the most wonderful gift 
 
I can't wait to add these to my airport. 
Still pretty cold and has been raining again, once I had dropped friend off at train station girls wanted a swim, even though it's cold and raining? They were not in there for long and are now warming up indoors with a hot cuppa. Next up I will have to brave the rain and cover the pool back up! I love my kids 😼  

A couple of great items turned up this week 
A real working piano 
 
Perri's butt...can never take a photo without 'help' 
 
 
A great Barbie book (brought on Amazon) 
 
Love the pink edging 
 
These coaster 'pallets' 
 

Cats have been... well cats. Jordan was a nutter yesterday running at full speed around the house ALL day!!!! 
Tilly just before she ran up my leg! 
 
 

Perri giving love (closed eyes) 
 

I love a freshly mown lawn 

No comments:

Post a Comment