Sunday 10 May 2015

Another Day Another Day Trip

Another Day Another Day Trip

Posted by Susannah on August 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Back to our favourite Day Trip spot Kingston On Thames. We love it here as there is so much to do and see. This time they had a Food Festival a pleasant surprise and interesting.

The church is covered in Ivy


I know some of you are into Dr Who so these pictures are for you

It was a very hot day so we spent most of the day in the shops (yeah, I know it's a hard life LOL) But we did walk down to the river

A touch of English eccentricity?

A few of the Olympic races came through Kingston everywhere that the Olympians would be had these signs

For more pictures of our day out LINK
(Note: As I write this I'm waiting for it to stop raining AGAIN!!!!)
So now for the dolls....
First off a few new (ish) dolls

The Diynamite girl is IT direct Summer now called Yuri with new bodied Lauriel

Yuri

Topher models with Indigo and Lauriel

Poppy (Dream Teen) has now been re named Polyanthus

'Natalia Fatalé Ready To Dare' who is now Fiona
I just LOVE these next two guys......

Back To Brooklyn Auden now Foxx (I'm thinking of making him my travel doll)

Back To Brooklyn Remi who is now..... Remi!
Some new Ken's

Alder (I wish he had bendable legs) *sigh*

Milo again what is it with the LEGS????

Rylan happy with him although I gotta say the new Ken's are all very much of a muchness these days!

Oliver comes with three wigs and is very amusing but I like his crew cut so he will stay wigless! I might scalp some of the Ken's and give them the wigs?
Will be posting a Diorama update soon!

More Drama

Posted by Susannah on August 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM Comments comments (0)
I thought the debit card drama was over.... WRONG! I received my new card on Wednesday the letter with it said I needed to go to a Santander bank to activate it. So on Thursday having left the girls at home with my dad mum and I went shopping stopping off at the bank on the way. I asked a staff member to help as I had no idea what to do, she did and told me I was good to go!
First I had to take two swimsuits back that I'd brought for Sophie but they were to big then we spent two and a half hours trying to book a vacation... still not booked! *sigh* Then after lunch we went food shopping annnnd......Yep, the card would not work BOY WAS IS PISSED OFF!
So on Friday (to cross to do it on Thursday) I phoned and expressed my displeasure! LOL They have promised it will work now as they have 'unlocked it'???? Oh, and I did get compensation for all the agro! Tomorrow we are going to Kingston on Thames for the day so we will see????
Dad went back to the hospital last week and his operation to have the cancer removed from his ear has not worked so he's going to have to have another operation! *sigh*
Their house move has gone well and they are very happy with their little house in the woods!
After another week of rain we had a couple more days of sunshine... rain due tomorrow!
And now for a Godfrey interlude

Next a garden interlude


I will post my doll exploits in another post as I know some of my followers still have wined up computers!

My Rubbish Birthday and other stuff

Posted by Susannah on August 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM Comments comments (0)
Yep! My birthday was cancelled due to lack of interest! The girls forgot until my parents arrived in the evening and then I got.... a card! A pretty card but no gift (two weeks later and I'm still waiting). Even my best freind never sent me a card!!!! So I cooked my own birthday dinner and that was that!
The week was very busy as my parents were moving and apparently that took priority! LOL Oh, on Wednesday it was my parents anniversary and I took them out to dinner (they had time for that).
So Monday arrived and my mum was rushing around like a headless chicken while my dad hovered to frightened to say much! LOL I had to pop to the post office and then the supermarket for previsions. Dad asked me to get some money out in case they needed it for anything so I used the cash piont (something I try never to do). The move went well except for  mum letting the cat out and her running away!!!! Over the next days I spent most of my time with them sorting out and unpacking boxes. Mum was having another stresser as she had mislaid her rings, watch, red saucepan, her knickers and THE CAT! Well I looked in mum's handbag and found her rings and watch. Her knickers were in the first bag I opened and on Wednesday we got a phone call that the cat had been located so mum and dad went to collect her the next morning mum found her saucepan!
Did I mention I used a cash point? On Wednesday I kept getting texts from my bank and then phone calls so I phoned back and they told me my card had been CLONED! As luck would have it the bank realised before any money was taken but I'm now without a card which is a total pain in the butt!
We did have a couple of nice weather days but it's back to the rain now! A few pictures of the girls having fun in the sun.

And next we had a GODFREY interlude.


A got some Rement and a Sindy phone plus a clock

Just loved last months La Boutique ended up getting both the purses and the tote.

Busy, Busy, Busy

Posted by Susannah on August 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM Comments comments (0)
That's the last couple of weeks!
First we had the end of term mayhem and the RAIN RAIN RAIN!

Amy's school had planed an Olympic style opening ceremony before their sports day but as it never stopped raining sports day was cancelled! BUT it did stop for half an hour one afternoon so we got to see the opening if not the games!
Amy had a great time in her school play some of the children had real tallent!
Talking of the games the opening I thought was very good (if a little confusing if your not British) Shame so much of our history had to be cut due to time constraints! Maybe they could have cut Paul McCartney and stayed with something more interesting? Sorry to those McCartney fans but he looks more like the living dead these days!
Now for a Godfrey interlude

Amy had another visit to GOSH (did you see them in the Olympics?) Great Ormond Street Hospital. Her eyes are doing well but we are still waiting to get her registration number (visually impaired) Afterwards we visited Covent Garden in the rain . Not sure what all these phone boxes are about but they are fun!

Loved this window

On the doll front these guys arrived last week.
 
Great shoes

So this post takes to up to my non event birthday (23rd July)! More soon......

PROM! Sophie's prom that is

Posted by Susannah on June 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM Comments comments (9)
Thursday was prom day! Apart from a couple of glitches they day went well. Sophie was pampered all day..... nails, hair, make up the works! She looked stunning with her dress (a gift from Mary on Doll Divas) and her Kurt Geiger purse brought with the money gifted to her from Marla also on Doll Divas. I found we already had shoes that were a perfect match and I loaned Sophie the jewellery.
Just need to say my Sophie could win 'rear of the year' bottoms down!
Below is a link to all the photo's I took and I hope to get some from the actual prom at some stage?

LINK to pictures

Yet another busy week!

Posted by Susannah on June 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM Comments comments (0)
Well, the last couple of weeks I need to catch up on! Last week dad had his ear surgery (cancer) but he's OK now and Amy had to visit GOSH for a check up on her eyes (she is doing well) then we got a Taxi to Covent Garden where we had a lovely afternoon.
This week Amy is away Wednesday to Friday in the day time but coming home a night due to her sleep apnea etc. Tomorrow Thursday is Sophie's PROM! So look out for lots of pictures!LOL
Now onto the doll stuff....
Been taking quit a lot of pictures the last couple of weeks but not had the time to post them so here goes....
First up
Catherine Duchess of Cambridge LINK

Next we have Lilith and Eden dressed in La Boutique LINK

Oranges and Lemons a photo shoot showing off some new trousers from Gwen LINK

Next up some New Mattel Dolls. Well for the ladies they have new bodies and I have three new guys. I must say I was very disappointed to find the two of these new Fashionista guys don't have bendable legs? Such a disappointment! *sigh* LINK

And finally....
I often show you my dolls in my garden and I thought I might take a few pictures of my flowers LINK

A couple of new dolls...

Posted by Susannah on June 20, 2012 at 5:45 AM Comments comments (0)
Not been doing a lot in the doll room of late as I've a lot going on in real life! *sigh* Not a big fan of real life... except when it comes to my parents and my girls. So in life we have had visits to the hospital, Amy had GOSH (Great Ormond Street Hospital) on Friday for her eyes we had a nice day out after GOSH we went to Covent Garden for the afternoon and even managed to miss all the rain showers!!!! Mum and Sophie came to so that made it even better. Oh, and of course I brought a couple of things for the girls AND some jewellery for mum and I!
On Saturday we went to see Rock of Ages without dad as his ear was still hurting (although he met us afterwards for dinner) Anyway this film is sooooo not a 12!!!! The music was good though! Then as I said we met up with dad for a lovely Chinese meal (part of his fathers day gift)
Sunday was Fathers Day and mum and dad spent the day with us, mum and I cooked dads favorite dinner Stake Diane. We gave him a giant bar of chocolate and some new bedding ready for their move and today I'm waiting in for his new mattress also a fathers day gift. So every time he goes to bed he can think of us! LOL
Monday was Sophie's turn at the hospital having her brace adjusted. She should be finished soon and she cant wait for a roast pork dinner so she can eat crackling!!! LOL
As I hinted at in the title I have had a few new dolls and I also de-boxed a load of Barbie's so without any more ramblings from me......
First up the Rock Wedding Fashion Royalty dolls. I gotta say I'm lovin' theses dolls and the fashions are outstanding! As for the shoes they blow me away!!!!!

To see all the picture LINK
Then they needed to chill a little

Happy Fathers Day

Posted by Susannah on June 17, 2012 at 5:45 AM Comments comments (4)
I can't find any pictures of my dad and me when I was little as mum always chopped our heads off!
I don't have many pictures of my dad and me now I'm all growed up as I take the pictures! But I can tell you a little about me and my dad....
When I was little I was often looked after by my dad as my mum worked long hours building up their Florist business (mum's the florist and dad did the deliveries) I have always been a daddy's girl and as an only child just a little bit spoiled... mind you dad and have some spectacular arguments! LOL
I think one of the biggest or at least the longest running is because he gave all my Barbie stuff to the horrid girl next door!!!! (Never got over THAT one) and trust me he has suffered because of it!
It was dad that would pick me up from night clubs at one, two, three in the morning sometime literally 'pick me up' LOL.
It was my dad who suffered right along with me when I was ill... no I mean he really DID.
SHORT STORY
When I was 23 I was taken ill in the middle of the night with terrible pains in my abdomen. At the time dad was on a golfing holiday in France. Mum called an amberlance and I was rushed to hospital, she decided not to call my dad as there was nothing he could do, but she did cancel a golf game with one of the men dad was away with's wife. YEP you guessed it she asked her hubby that night for info and he asked dad who had no idea what he was talking about... but that's beside the side... the interesting bit in this story was my dad had been ill all day with pains in his abdomen they eased of about 5:30 in the evening (when I went down for surgery)???? Coincidence? maybe BUT every time I was had an attack HE was ill even if I was at work of he was some-place else? Did we have the same illness? No! You see I had endometriosis and only women can get it! Happily I had a Hysterectomy when I was 30 and we have both been fine since!
As a side.... I had my gallbladder removed and a couple of months later so did my dad!
My dad has skin cancer on his ear (removed last Tuesday) and I had an itchy ear for weeks (until Tuesday) My dad has the same meds as me for a stomach problem... I could go on but I think you get the idea?
We are NOT alike when it comes to sport though he was a top cyclist in his youth (Rode in the tour of Britain)and now still play golf. I HATE ALL SPORT!
He has a OO scale train display (now packed up ready for their house move) and he helps me a lot with my dioramas.
He plays with my girls and they adore him.

But best of all
HE'S MY DAD

Queens Diamond Jubilee

Posted by Susannah on June 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM Comments comments (4)
It's been a while since I undated my blog so this is my news...
Right been busy (I guess you can work that out as I've not been blogging?) Well I've been working in my doll room but not much the past week as I've had family commitments! Human's do like to get in the way of doll life *sigh*. It akll started before the four day weekend with shopping for things I needed to make cakes for Amy's school party. Then Thursday was backing day. Friday was shopping in the morning as it was going to be a long weekend then rush back to help out at Amy's school party

Well at least it didn't rain!!!!
Then on Saturday I met Sophie's first boyfriend.

Then in the evening we watched the All the Queens horses a real spectacular show!
Sunday parents came around for the day and we watched the flotilla on the Thames... it was just WONDERFUL!
Family Day LINK

Like to more pictures 
Monday was the Concert

The the grand finally on Tuesday was giving thanks at the cathedral and the trip back to the palace and of course waves from the balcony... Mum and dad were round again and I made Cornish Pasties and a Cornish cream tea. LINK

All in all a lovely weekend but not much 'me' time!
It's a week late but I did do a Diorama for the Jubilee LINK

Keep Going....

Posted by Susannah on April 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM Comments comments (1)
This last week I got it in my head to sort though my two ton of doll clothes and fill Neal and Sarah's wardrobe.... plus the doll living next door (only houses finished) well once I started I ended up with lining ALL my main dolls and it took me the best part of the last week!!!! Now I'm back building the night club BUT I have taken the grand total of FOUR pictures towards the next episode of The Priors so I guess I'm getting somewhere?LOL
Two new guys turned up yesterday  they need some clothes, will sort them out tomorrow I hope?

I've been moaning for weeks about the rain and today we had a short respite (about an hour) so I snapped a few pictures

You can't see how deep some of these 'puddles' are 3 or 4 inches! If my garden was not such a bog I would have gotten a doll and shown the depth.

This is supposed to be a rockery but it's more a bogary with free flowing swamp!

................................
I've also updated my Diorama Blog
Pool and Penthouse
The Night Club


Long time no chat!

Posted by Susannah on April 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM Comments comments (1)
Been so very busy the last couple of weeks! First we had Easter and with the girls at home not much time for me. We only went out a couple of times as the weather was/is awful!
Went to the cinema to see Street Dance Two and then on to dinner at Frankie and Benny's. The film was great and so was dinner at F&B.
Also had a day out at IKEA! LOL Well, with mum and dad hoping to move/down size soon they will need new furniture .... did not find any 'must haves' but got lot's of ideas.
Then before the girls went back to school/collage another visit to the cinema to see Battle Ship another great film and then a scrummy yummy Chinese meal!
Once the girls were gone and I was home alone I was hoping for a bit of me time but I was a little under the weather plus, I managed to hurt my back (again).... mostly better now though!
Yesterday was a day out at the hospital as I needed a blood test (one of those fasting ones so I was starving) I need to add here that I'm needle phobic and shake/vibrate like you have never seen before! LOL Oh, and it's taken me six months to get it together enough to go!!!! I think I would have still not gone but the girls had an appointment to see the paediatrician and I had run out of excuses! No problems with the girls other than Amy won't stop talking!!! LOL
Now onto the dolls......
A few newbies...

First up while mum was having a clear out she decided to give me back Tiger Woods


Had never noticed his hair was two tone before?
Now on to my Doll Diva Birthday Bash prize .... this so pretty dress

Four new pairs of trousers/jeans for my ladies by Kimberlee of Hazel St Designs

Mother and daughter Agnes and Giselle model their cords (note how similar they pose together)

Lilith is modeling new jeans with young up and coming model Sailor (Not sure what Lilith thinks of the new girl?)
There's a new room maid at the hotel

I have just finished a short story about Han's and Karl who you might have noticed further up that I will be posting later today!

New Update....

Posted by Susannah on March 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM Comments comments (2)
I'm having a study built at the side of my house and last week the plaster's were in. Later as I was coming in from my doll room (a separate building)I noticed something a little strange about the bird that live in a cage that hangs outside the study.....

Now not having my glasses on I was not quite sure what was different until I got a little closer

Look out kitties the birds are now armed and gunning for ya!

...................................
A couple of weeks ago after a year on the market my parents sold their house and found a little house in the woods just around the corner from me.....then three days later our buyer pulled out and we thought we had lost the house in the woods. After a hair raising week we found a new buyer and after a couple more days it was back on with the house in the woods. It can all still go wrong but fingers crossed and here are a few pictures taken a couple of weeks ago
and at the back of 'there' house

.............................
Last Sunday was Mothers Day an I did quite well this year with choc's plants and flowers these roses are just so pretty
..........................................
Sophie had last week of from collage and the weather has been beautiful this is Sophie in the garden
.................................
And this is how my study is coming along.... got a way to go yet THEN we can start on the kitchen *sigh*


New Backdrops ....>>>

Posted by Susannah on March 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM Comments comments (2)
These are by RaiHing but I doubt there will be any more as I understand they did not have permission to use the picture's? It's sad as these are wonderful but there you go, you can't just use other peoples picture without asking!


The BIG winter re dress

Posted by Susannah on February 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM Comments comments (2)
I've been re dressing for WEEKS.... and WEEKS and now I've finished!
Some of my adults.... more detailed pictures in a later post

I have a bit of a 'baby' obsesion I think? LOL
Babies in their buggies


Rudy

Naughty little Mary .... what's the face for maybe because she can't get her socks off?

Issac is sound asleep


And Baby Bob.
Has baby Olivia done something?
It does look a little that way?
Tiny babies

More babies

Toddlers

Older Toddlers

Young children

Slightly older children

These are not all of them just a sample???


APOLLO

Posted by Susannah on February 12, 2012 at 6:55 AM Comments comments (4)
YEP! This blog is for my doll friend Apollo who sent me the most wonderful box of goodies....

A BIG and pretty box!











For more pictures of this stunning dress LINK

And for more pictues of this vision LINK
Also in the box was this TV centre

Plus, cakes and two chandeliers
I feel so honoured to be gifted such beautiful fashions and great goodies!


A Whole Mix of Of Stuff....

Posted by Susannah on February 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM Comments comments (1)
In my last post there was some human shoes... now for the dolls


These shoes are better on Barbie although they are supposed to fit FR too?
E Bay Member ID paul_zhangby
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/paul_zhangby/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654


.......................................

When this Poppy came out there was a lot of love her / hate her because of her colouring? Me I love her but she is not the first to have the sunkissed look
Poppy Sweet Confection now Primrose with her sister Aria now Annie
..................................

Some of my POM (Purse Of The Month) by La Boutique LINK

I thought this was all of them but afterwards I found a load more... will have to do this again one day! Oh, and they make THE most amazing outfits too!!
............................

Been doing a LOT of redressing this week. My poor dolls were shivering as it's gone sooooo cold -12 today! Anyone would think I lived in the Arctic not England?
No this is NOT all of them... just the one's I've done so far!!!!
I have more to post... look out for it later today!

And There's MORE....

Posted by Susannah on February 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM Comments comments (0)
Two new dresses from Betty (you can find her on the doll boards)

I get the feeling that Primrose (Poppy) is truely pissed with Marie (Baribe) over something?

.............................

A few outdoor pictures
Daniel and Amie
Marco and Lilith
Bob and Rhea




Something a little diffent!

Posted by Susannah on January 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM Comments comments (2)
You might find this book interesting It's called 'Japanese Street Style' by Pat Lyttle

If only I was twenty years younger ... OK, thirty!

But I think I'll pass on these ones???


Had a big (for us) snow storm last Sunday

Happy Sunday

Posted by Susannah on January 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM Comments comments (2)

The GOD and Amy love to watch Sponge Bob together (note The GOD has the chair while Amy sits on the floor)
Next up....
It was a lovely (but very cold) day yesterday so I thought I might venture out doors and take a few pictures....
First up Uma

Found these two rushing through the garden trying to get out of the cold

Roseanna and Dania don't like the cold!

................
These three ladies are happy to strole in the sun .... even if there is still frost on the ground!


Erin

Katy

Poppy

.................
With the New Year there is time for reflection and to look back over my dolls! These two are still top of my list

Psyched and May

..............................
And last but not least.... these wonderful sweaters
Amanda and Lilith love their wonderful sweater made by the wonderful Peggy

Final Part Dolls in the Dining Room

Posted by Susannah on January 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM Comments comments (1)
Case Five and Wall Disply




No comments:

Post a Comment