Sunday 10 May 2015

Dolly Cold Turkey Day Eighteen...127 Days To Go...>>>

Dolly Cold Turkey Day Eighteen...127 Days To Go...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM Comments comments (0)
Well it's been a funny old day!
I go out one evening a month with my friend Lorraine and tonight was one of those nights. As I still have this stupid cough I decided to have an easy day! We had thunder storms this morning that cleared early afternoon but left it very humid. I decided to do a bit of weeding and managed to grab a stinging nettle (even though I had on garden gloves) Boy do my fingers hurt! Then later I decided to put my Orchids back (I had taken them all to the kitchen to be fed and watered) I put a plant on the windowsill but it needed turning....while doing this a leaf knocked a picture off and naturally I put out my hand to catch itBoy did I swear!!!!! Dang thing cut the palm of my hand good and proper Sophie was home so while running water on my hand and saying rude words under my breath I sent her out to get my mum from the garden! She dressed my hand first with a plaster ....no good and in the end I hand to have it bandaged up! So now I have tingle fingers on one hand and a bandage on the other! This is how I went out tonight!LOL
The evening was OK! The meal was lovely but my friend had a bit of a tiff with her man and she was upset so that was not so good!
Anyway home now just watching Michael Jackson on TV and then I will be off to bed!
No pictures tonight Doggy hands!!!!! LOL

Dolly Cold Turkey Day Seventeen....128 Days To Go...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM Comments comments (0)
Managed to finish Episode Twelve of The Priors. Nice to see so many of you are enjoying my story and especially this episode! LOL
I'm having a lot of fun writing it and I'm on about episode 30, it's the pictures that take the time. There are a lot of twists coming up and nothing is ever as it first appears!!!!!

Also had some time for a few pictures in the garden
Anyone for Tennis is a head swap doll. Her head is Peace and Love Barbie put onto a more articulated body



Kisara was on a basic body so I swapped her onto this one that I purchased from a action figure dealer on Evil Bay



Bowling Fun head on a more articulated body. I did not like this doll much as she was but she comes alive on her new body



This head was from Christie doll that came with a poodle Glam N' Groom.  But now she has a lot more movement



This one is my favorite but she does not show up well in my pictures? Mrs Hart now on a Fashion Royalty body


Not had time for anything else today still coughing but not 'quite' so bad!

Dolly Cold Turkey...Day Sixteen...129 Days To Go...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM Comments comments (0)
After dropping the girls at school I had to dash home as I knew there was a delivery from Parcel Force due. Just as I got to my front door the van arrived! YAY!!!!! Two new Barbie's from Claudia.




Then I spent the rest of the morning sorting out my insurance papers and contacting them!
Apparently if you have a crash in a Lane with no road markings even if the other car is on the wrong side of the road and you have to drive up an embankment to try and miss them it is deemed 50 50 and I will have to pay the first £75 ($140) I think that stinks!
But there is nothing I can do!!!!!!
So for the rest of the day I contented myself ripping dolls heads off! Oh, yes I did!!!!
I will have to share pictures tomorrow as I'm coughing so much today I can't keep the dam camera still!!!!
So that's my day The Good (new dolls) The Bad (stupid car crash) and The Ugly (me coughing!!!!)

Dolly Cold Turkey...Day Fifteen...130 Days To Go...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM Comments comments (0)
Well the day started out OK! The weather was warm but not to hot a perfect day for some Dolls in the garden pictures....
Got this wonderful package from MarC


check out the gift for my dolls!


The guys are so happy with there new pants



Another package was from Ginny

I brought this dress


But it went astray so Ginny very kindly re-sent it PLUS and extra gift ....How wonderful it THAT!!!!!





Finished Episode Eleven of The Priors .....


I case you missed it Link To Episode Eleven
Please if you have time I look forward your feedback

Dad came round a stripped the paint of the front door so I went to collect the girls from school. It was a quick turn around and the of to Sophie's dance lesson. Now this is where it went a little wrong!
Traveling down a narrow lane (fortunately not very fast) I rounded a bend in the road to see a car coming towards me overtaking a push bike.... I had no where to go but up a bank at the side of the road .....it's was to no avail though as the other car still clipped me! We were lucky... no one hurt just a ding in the car! What miffed me was the dam cyclist just rod of and it was HIS fault in some ways as he swerved out and made to car overtaking swerve out even further!!!!! The only one NOT at fault was ME!!! (make a change I know) So tomorrow I guess I'll spend the day sorting out insurance etc!!!!!


Dolly Cold Turkey Day Fourteen 131 Days to go...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 22, 2009 at 10:52 AM Comments comments (0)
It's good to be back after my unavoidable absence! So what happened?
A bit odd really after I had closed down the computer on Tuesday and put the cats to bed no more than a couple of minutes I went up to bed. By the time I got there I felt very cold and had to put on my dressing gown and bed sox! (very glamourus) I decided to take my temperature it was 103????? By the next morning I was feeling really poorly and was coughing for England! This lasted until Saturday when my temperature finally broke! Sunday was Fathers Day and I had booked a table at a country pub for lunch. Fortunately I was OK for this and I'm slowly getting back to normal.
I decided my 'virus' needed a name so I have called it MAD SHEEP FLU! After all the poor farm animals get all the flack for whatever bug pops it's ugly head up so it seemed apt!
Just need to get rid of this HORRID cough now! Thing is every time I cough I get a real pain above my right eye really hurts!
Anyway to things of more interest.....
Got TWO beautiful dresses for Ginny and a dress from Louos too. So will be doing a spot of redressing tomorrow. Plus I hope to finish Episode Eleven of The Priors tomorrow....I think you might find it quite interesting
Episode Twelve should be ready later this week!
While in bed I did have quite a few story lines popping in ....and out of my head!
So now I need sort out what the hell I was thinking and does any of it make sense?????
Oh, well! Off to hold my head and see if I can make anything work!

Sorry, no pictures tonight!

Dolly Cold Turkey day whatever ...XXX to go...

Posted by Susannah on June 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM Comments comments (0)
OK, so I've been missing in action for the last three days!
As you can guess I'm still a little out of it! Yes, more so than normal!
I've named my bug 'Mad Sheep Flu' and although my temperature has now gone back to near normal the rest of me is still all mad and woolly I will post again when I'm feeling up to it!

Dolly Cold Turkey Day Eight...137 days to go

Posted by Susannah on June 16, 2009 at 3:12 AM Comments comments (3)
It's taken me all day to take the pictures for The Priors and I now have a major headache!
Please read the latest episode and I would love to hear your comments?
Well, other than taking pictures and photoshopping them (150+) not done a lot today!
Sophie had dance tonight (Latin) Lee her teacher taught her two new dances that she picked up straight away! Good going for Sophie!
Anyway I'm of to bed so here are a couple of pictures for tonight...


Neal and Sarah's Wedding




There first meeting




Faith and Peter's Wedding




I say!!!! Sarah getting a little carried away!




I just love my Mushrooms




Another one of those candid shots of dolls and how they land!!!!!

Dolly Cold Turkey... Day Seven.. 138 days to go

Posted by Susannah on June 15, 2009 at 5:59 AM Comments comments (0)
Dropped the girls of at school and met up with my friend Lorraine for the 'fun' supermarket shop! I did buy two books though...Twilight and New Moon!
When I got home my POM had arrived. YAY!!!!
So the rest of the day...BORING mostly!
I did start to take a few pictures but the batteries went!!! So now it's on charge and I hope to have more pictures tomorrow!
After I collected the girls from school we went to my parents for dinner. Chicken with grapes yummy!!!!
So I was going to give Jed the day off today... he's been a busy boy since his arrival!!!!
But I just had to show you this picture


It's funny how dolls land? A just put him down out of the way and noticed later how odd it looked! Jed out cold on the hospital bed and it looks like Tanya is giving Ayumi a good talking to!
I did manage to take a couple of pictures before the camera went











Godfrey was in the garden when I was taking these pictures so Didi thought she had better join in!


Dolly Cold Turkey Day Six...139 days to go

Posted by Susannah on June 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM Comments comments (0)

We went to a car boot sale this morning...what a load of TAT!!! Still I guess if I HAD seen anything I would not have been able to buy so maybe for the best. Then I dropped the girls and my parents home and they went to a presentation at there golf club. Something to do with Downs Syndrome? Anyway they had a good time! Meanwhile I had the chance to re do my display cabinets now I have a new door. I also took some PAPARAZZI pictures of Jed and Ayumi on there date!

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z102/suwi9595/Fashion%20Royalty/Jed/?action=view&current=d2e979c9.pbr




I hope you like the accompanying music?


Spent the rest of the day sorting out pictures for the next Auction Fever at the end of the month! Now I just need to sort out the list and send it off! Will also have some stuff on general sale and will be updating my Sales Page on my web site in the next couple of days!
Oh, and I have some competitions coming up as well!!!! So you will be able to win some dolls and goodies too!

Will hopefully get some new pictures of my cabinets tomorrow??? If I get the chance?


Dolly Cold Turkey...Day Five...140 days to go...>>

Posted by Susannah on June 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM Comments comments (0)
We had a lay in today and it was after 9am when we got up! Pancakes for breakfast (we always have pancakes on Saterday)
When I looked out the window I got a bit of a shock! I know we have had a lot of rain this week, but this much????





Mum and dad came round and we spent the day in the garden. Amy was really whiny all day...I hope she's not coming down with something???
Amy and Sophie don't look so good first thing in the morning...






My girls are going for the wild and woolly look!
Last night I told you about Jed looking over the available ladies. They were all very excited to have a new Homme in the house, especially one as handsome as Jed....
Well I got a message from Jed this evening telling me that after a great deal of discussions he had mad his mind up!.....
Well even I was a little taken aback.....




Jed appears to find one girl is not enough????

Dolly Cold Turkey...Day Four...141 Days to go...

Posted by Susannah on June 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM Comments comments (0)
Amy had an appointment with theCardiologist today. She was born with a hole in her heart and a heartmurmur...today Dr Franklin said the hole had gone and the murmur was OKand would go when she is older! He does not need to see her again! I'mjumping!!!!LOL
So Amy had the rest of the day of school as I wasnot sure how long her appointment would take! So no Dolly time for me!Amy needs attention 24/7.
The door finally turned up today for mybroken cabinet. I was going to sort the cabinet dolls out this eveningbut ended up sorting out the dolls in my study instead! Oh, well alwaystomorrow night? (not going to chance trying to do it with Amy around asthat's how it ended up broken in the first place)
Sophie is going to see Hairspray with the school on second July and is very excited about it!
So back to my dolls....
Well I sorted out the couples and they are now all on one shelf (just a few of my couples and families)


Now Jed can see what a Bevvy of beauties are here for the picking





Being a sociable lad her was happy to meet with the ladies and mix it up a bit



Dolly Cold Turkey... Day Three...142 Days to go!!!...

Posted by Susannah on June 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM Comments comments (0)
So today after taking the girls to school and a quick trip to a supermarket we went back to my house for our mini film club! Twilight was the film of the day as we've never seen it before(what? I here you cry, never SEEN it????) No, and I have never read any of the books either? But I have heard you all talking about it for so long I decided we needed to find out some more! We both LOVED it! So now I'm going to get the books and catch up on it all! The second film comes out in England in November so we have decided on a Chinese meal followed by the film (mum and dad can have the girls)
So now I need to know....is the film better than the book? Does the film leave a lot out? When does the second film come out in America? Are Mattel making dolls? (Not that I can get anything until after November)Are the books as humorous? Who scoffed a box of cream cakes while they watched it?
So now you want to know my layaway list? So here we go
Dress by Ginny...on it's way
POM Juicy Couture Purse and Dress
Dress by Osman...on it's way
2x Jeans from MarC
2x sweat pants, 2x jeans 4x trousers by Kelsie
Takeo ...on his way
Homme outfit from Famika
Deconstruction Sight Eugenia
Style Mantra Eden
Red Zinger Dania Zarr
Pillow Talk Poppy
Summer Magic Poppy
Generations of Dreams Barbie
2009 Holiday Barbie
Johnathan Adler Barbie
Johnathan Adler Room Set
So that's it for the time being....Nothing else until November apart from POMS ....oh, and Pop Life Ken if I can????
Todays pictures

Jed arrives in the study




Having removed his glasses he takes a look around







Cool Bike...it must be mine!





Dolly Cold Turkey...Day Two...143 to go!!!...WARNING Topless Homme>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM Comments comments (0)
Well if you thought I had a good dolly day yesterday....just wait until you see what I got today!
But first thank you for all your positive feed back both on DCT and The Priors, now I will need to keep myself busy expect a lot more stories!
Today the weather was cold and wet this afternoon we had a huge thunder storm just as I was collecting Amy from school! Why does it ALWAYS do that????
I've got a 30 trial on Photoshop 7 so have been playing with that a bit today but I need to do a lot more 'playing' before I can make head or tail of the stupid thing! (OK, I know it's me not Photoshop) What I need is someone that knows how it works to come and show me!
Sophie went on a school trip to The Black Country yesterday and had a really good time. She went by coach then they went down a Mine had a ride on a train AND a boat!!!! She got home about 7 o'clock tired but very full of herself!
So now for today's Dolly goodies


YEP! ALL the stuff on the table I got today!
My wonderful friend Dawn is my shipping buddy, boy did she not know what she was getting into when she agreed to this! THANK YOU SO MUCH DAWN!!!!!
Anyway all this stuff is what she’s been putting away for me....
So where to start?
OK, I'm going to start with my ultimate favorite 'goodie' JED!

Jed started life as


But his hair was awful and so he went to Dawn for a re root and maybe a little facial touch up! Oh, and a tattoo maybe?

So now he's back as Jed











HOT! or what?

So what else?

My Barbie club pin




Funky cabinets and outfit






Plus jewelry from Joy

Check out Jed's little friend also from Joy

Please meet Betty the Ferrite




Jed likes the look of the chick in the box



And finally a couple of Barbie T.shirts for me!


So that's it for today!

Dolly Cold Turkey Day One...144 to go!!!!...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM Comments comments (2)
OK, so I'm MAD!!! I start today and end 1st November that's 144 days!!!! OR until I have my doll room if I can get the money together before then.
So why an I doing this?
I need to pay for the ground to be levelled and a swimming pool for my daughters. As most of you know they both have Down's Syndrome and swimming is very good for them ....especially they Hearts (and it won't do me any harm either )
Then more importantly I NEED my doll room...
this will entail a concrete base plus a shed designed by me (no windows and door at the side) The shed will measure 14 x 16 feet so a good size!
The wood will need to be preserved of course! (I wish I could afford brick but I need to live in the real world)
I will need to line the room with special panelling and insulation. Plus, electric's. Then there's shelving etc.... the list is looooong!
So that's what I want and why I'm doing this.
Now I do have a couple of exceptions to this Dolly hiatus
Anything already ordered naturally I still get. Plus, POM Since I started collecting I have only missed two! One when I was in hospital and one ...well it was not my style! As I buy it every month that makes it pre ordered....right?
Marna suggested that to make it a little easier on myself I could sell some items I no longer wanted and this money could be used (if I REALLY can't live without something) This sounds like a good idea as I will be on Dolly Cold Turkey for such a long time!
Last time I posted EVERY day and hope to do this again? I might have to miss an odd day but I'm gonna try! Boy, are YOU going to be bored with me... but then I will always post as 'Dolly Cold Turkey, so you can just not open the link if you've had enough of me!
I will also try and post a couple of pictures within my DCT posts!
So what's been happening today?
Well, if you've not already got bored with me and feel your loosing the will to live...
For the first day things are looking good!
I received all THREE new Pivotal Pop Life Barbie's today!
Talk about easing myself into this!
Tomorrow I will compile a list of items I have on order (then you can make sure I don't cheat)
Oh, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE answer my posts when/if you can! I NEED your moral support! Even if it’s along the lines of...
Keep going
Hi
BORING
Or
Get a life!
So now for todays pictures

Saucy Suwi's Dolly Diary... Day Five.....>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 9, 2009 at 7:11 AM Comments comments (0)
OK, I'm going to go for it! Cold Turkey here I come! So I need a start and end date? Start tomorrow (before I have a chance to change my mind) and end November 1st (so I have time to buy some goodies for Christmas)
Well this morning I took both girls to school then went shopping with my friend Lorianne. But I only brought food hows that for a start?
Sophie is staying with my mum and dad tonight as she is going on a school trip tomorrow morning (got to be there at 6:30am) Amy is missing her and has spent all afternoon/evening asking where Sophie is! *sigh*
So I have updated my web site and posted Episode Eight of The Priors. I hope you enjoy it and look out for Episode Nine tomorrow!
Tonight pictures are by Sophie...







Posted by Susannah on June 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM Comments comments (0)
So I still can't decide To Cold Turkey or not Cold Turkey???? I'm thinking to go cold turkey... I need to get my Doll room (and the pool)
So work out the details and will post them tomorrow? *sigh* I did it once I can do it again? It's just this time I know how hard it's going to be!!!! LOL
So what did I do today? Well, we all had a lay in this morning and did not get up until after 10 o'clock!
After breakfast I did homework with the girls... Amy is still practicing her letters her eye sight is poor and she finds reading and writing very hard! Sophie's had exams all week so only had some art homework ...find some pictures on the Internet.... Did not take to long! LOL
Then the fun stuff, housework! plus, baths and all that fun Sunday stuff so no time for doll play today!
So a couple of random pictures


Fashions by Chuwin







Falling asleep now so going to bed... will chat more tomorrow!

Saucy Suwi's Dolly Diary Day Three...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 6, 2009 at 6:49 AM Comments comments (0)
OK, so trying to write this with the giant red fur ball (Godfrey) spread across my desk and key board and Didi (black cat) is asleep behind my back on my chair....so I will not ramble on due to my 'obstructions!
Quite day....girls at home as it's Saturday and dad came around at lunch time to help put my boxes of doll furniture up in the loft (Hopefully not for long)
Then when it stopped raining we did a bit of work in the garden.
I did finally manage to finish episode eight of The Priors and have taken the photo's for episode nine! So that will be finished tomorrow!
I can't decide ....should I post the Episodes as I finish them or should I post them say every Monday? What do you think?
I have another question for you as well.... I need to cut down/stop buying so that I can save up for a swimming pool for the girls and then I can start saving for my doll room/shed, so my question is....should I do another 'Dolly Cold Turkey'? If so should I just do it until I have the money saved or put a time limit on it? You see my dilemma!
A couple of pictures for tonight


My stalker Godfrey


Jemima Puddle Duck


Didi Delilah


Sneak Peek picture from Episode Eight!

Saucy Suwi's Dolly Diary Day Two...>>>

Posted by Susannah on June 5, 2009 at 6:35 AM Comments comments (0)
Well finished setting up my diorama's for my next Episode of The Priors... just not got around to taking the pictures yet! I will get them done over the weekend so will be posting the next Episode on Monday!
I did get to Photoshop the rest of the pictures I took the other day
Dyna-nights
 




Guest staring.....


Himself!

Also finished my pictures of my very special plant
The Dolly Plant.... it's only a baby at the moment


guest staring


himself!
I also finished some pictures for a later episode of The Priors.... Neal and Sarah's wedding....
Would you like a sneaky peek


Saying there vows


Mr and Mrs Hage


The wedding dinner


The wedding night!

Well all this took up the best part of the day! No working outside in the garden today as the weather is back to normal.... raining!LOL
By the time I'd collected the girls from school and sorted them out I could not be bothered to cook so we had spaghetti on toast with apple sausages... simple but quite tasty!
So now I'm of to bed.....
Oh, had a bit of a splurge today
Ordered 10 pairs of trousers (pants) from Kelsie
A dress from louos
and a Homme from Amy


I'm Back!!!! Saucy Suwi's Dolly Diary Day One

Posted by Susannah on June 5, 2009 at 5:05 AM Comments comments (0)
On Tuesday I took my friend (she can't drive) to an appointment at her son's school but it was not until 11.30 so we done a little shopping first! TRU for me! They had some new (to England) fashion sets so I brought three and the new toilet and bath set!
The first two fashion sets were day clothes so first I redressed the Lynn's




For more pictures
The Lynn's love Mushroom's

Then it was Rumi and Vanessa's turn


The story
Rumi and Vanessa meet up

Giselle just managed to squeeze into her dress and there was even a new outfit for Harry


They are having trouble with choosing a cot
Link to Doll Diva's post
Please vote on what cot you think they should buy!
By the way Giselle's choice of cot came on Monday too! It's a 1970's Carrie cot by Palitoy.
I've been trying to get the pram for some time but I keep getting outbid!
Wednesday was overcast but I still wanted to take these pictures in the garden I think they came out OK?
There are three other sets of pictures but you will have to wait to see them! LOL
Today the weather was nicer but still chilly when the sun went behind a cloud! Mum came round and we spent the day working in the garden! It sure looks different from when we moved in last September
Link to garden page
And if you want to see what it looked like when we moved in
Link to My New House is at the top of this page
So now it's night time the girls are in bed... Didi cat is asleep on my Sindy car and I need to get the other two cats in before I can go to bed! Hope to have some me time tomorrow... if I do I will (hopefully) get the photo's done for the next episode of the Priors
If you have been living on Planet Zod and have missed out on The Priors
Link to The Priors
Link to my Doll Storiesis at the top of this page

Godfrey Update

Posted by saucy-suwi on April 7, 2009 at 1:45 AM Comments comments (0)
Well, waited in all morning for the Veterinary Hospital to get back to me! I the end I decided to take the girls to my mum's and dad and I would drive to the hospital anyway! Just as we turned into the road where the hospital is situated the phone rang and the vet said we could collect him!
After another loooong wait the vet brought him out with instructions that I would need to take him to our normal vet this afternoon! I had to go and sign some forms and of course hand over quite a large chunk of money! (Even though he is insured I have to pay and then claim it back!!!!!)
He cried for me when I went out of view so dad had to bring him other to me to keep him calm! LOL
His temperature has gone down to just above normal and 'I' think miss paw has gone down a little? He's had so much medication I'm surprised they have any left!
He appears to be OK now he is home and wanted his lunch, he has then spent the rest of the day following me around! So, nothing new there!
This evening he went to our local vet and she examined him, his temperature is still a little high but OK! Then she said that in all her years as a vet she has NEVER seen such a inflamed paw before (so reasuring) she then went on to explain that I needed to keep a constant check on his paw and if it started to feel cold I was to bring him strait in day or night. She started to talk about gangrene and amputation!!!!!!!!!!! I thought my head would explode but she said that as I felt the foot was not quite as swollen it would probably be OK! In a way I wish she had not told me....but I know I need to know in case it does go cold! So now I'm walking around with him and checking his paw every couple of minutes Not a lot of sleep for me tonight me thinks! If all is OK I have antibiotics, anti inflammatory and pain killers to give him until I take him back on Thursday! Wish me luck!

A couple of pictures....
The first three were just after we got home...
Look mum I'm feeling better 
You can't see me! 
Boo! Here I am! 

The second three are called
Look at my poorly paw! 


No comments:

Post a Comment