Sunday 10 May 2015

Dolls in the dining room

Dolls in the dining room

Posted by Susannah on January 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Case Three

Case Four

Sorry last two pictures are not very good as the display's are a bit blocked in!

Carrying on with my Displays....>>>>

Posted by Susannah on January 11, 2012 at 5:30 AM Comments comments (0)
Case Two...... Case one in earlier link.
Both of these display cases are in my living room

So having packed away the Wonderland ....

Posted by Susannah on January 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM Comments comments (0)
So having packed away the Wonderland that is Christmas it's back to the real world!
I've been re aranging my doll cases
Case ONE

Happy New Year... A Tale of FOUR Deliveries

Posted by Susannah on January 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM Comments comments (2)
Yeah, right! Tell that to the delivery guys! *sigh*
So I'm going to start the New Year with a moan! OK, so I like a good moan...
Delivery driver number ONE.....
Fridge Freezer from Next

Delivery date 12th December betrween 9am and 9pm. They arrive about 7:30pm it's pitch dark. They unbox it and manover it through the side gate THEN we see a HUGE scrtch down the side!!! So it goes back! 20th December and Fridge Freezer number two arrive this time mid afternoon, they unpack it and....... a small scrach with a long dent!!!!!! BUT this time on the other side which wont show so now I need to decide what to do? I'm offered a 25% discount OR I wait until after Christmas for fridge #3? Maybe I should mention at this point the Fridge Freezer is a SMEG and I have ALWAYS wanted a SMEG! In the end I can't go through this anymore I take the discount!
Delivery Driver number TWO....
Toaster from John Lewis


I brought the DeLongi toaster last year and it was packed away for six moths as I wanted to wait until my kitchen was done before i started using it! Well, my old toaster stopped working so I started using it! It blew up! say I asked for an exchange. Simple? Well, three phone calls later the new toaster arrives. So when will they take the old one back? Driver says he only delivers and another one will be along to collect??? NO COLLECTION! Two more phone calls and they arrange to collect it on the 27th between 9 and 3 as I'm going out. NO COLLECTION so I go out. When we get home there is a not in the door someone called at 3:40 to collect! More phone calls and they arrange to collect it this past Tuesday the 3rd.. guess what! I wait in all day and NOTHING!!!! NO COLLECTION! So I have now waisted THREE days! I phone them AGAIN tell them they had just better not charge me for the second toaster! They tell me the drivers did not work on Tuesday???? So why tell me it will be collected???? So now  collection is arranged for FRIDAY after 3:30 as I'm not staying home ALL day!
Delivery Driver number THREE....
Earrings and gloves from AllSaints

Sorry no picture of the earrings
Well, all started OK! I received an e.mail telling me that my parcel would arrive between 11.33 and 12.33. Very precise I thought? Anyway at one o'clock I try to check on the net... I says it was delived at 11:40???? I try to phone the delivery company... NOTHING! So I phone AllSaints they are very helpful and try to sort it out, I even end up talking to the manager and that was WITHOUT my asking for him? Anyway turns out the driver went to #1 by mistake and could not be bothered to walk the extra couple of yards to my home so left my parcel with next door? So I go next door and no one home!
I need to add at this point that the lady of the house is Scottish and this was the day before New Years Eve and I now the last couple of years they have gone to Scotland for Hogmony! The manager of AllSaints gives me a 25% refund and offers to currier my goodies to my if they are not home! But they are home he is going into hospital to have a hip replasment so no Scotland this year! I get my goodies!
Delivery Driver Number FOUR....
Two Barbie Fashionistas Jet Set Dolls from Argos

I wanted all three but they only had two left so I pay for the two and they are due to be delivered on Tuesday NO DELIVERY! ( OK, so it was not until this morning (Thursday) that I realise they have not arrived) I phone Argos, apparently my dolls went to the wrong depo and will be delivered today? I express my displeasure and I'm refunded my postage and offered a £5 gift card which I accept. Late this afternoon my parcel arrives ONLY ONE DOLL in a very smashed up box. Glad I'm a de-boxer.  So I have the girl in the skirt. I phone Argos and demand I speak to a manager. I gotta say he was very apologetic and phoned me back having located one of the other dolls in one of their stores and the store is sending it to me.... We will see? Compensation for the extra hassle I ask? He said he will refund me the price of one of the dolls!
So that's it so far.... watch this space!

Oh, I almost forgot! I ordered twelve FR and Nu Face bodies and only eleven arrived!

Pictures For the Hes_A_Doll Group

Posted by Susannah on December 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM Comments comments (0)

In-between time

Posted by Susannah on December 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM Comments comments (0)
Now we are at that in-between stage Christmas is over and New Year is still to come it's a time to rest for the kids to play with their new toys (if mum can get them to work) For me to have a little time for ME in the doll room I even made some progress!!!!

I just wanted to show you my tulips ... I love BLING! LOL

A new girl joined just before Christmas but this is the first chance I have had to take any pictures....

Her name is Margarette

Christmas Day at my house

Posted by Susannah on December 27, 2011 at 3:05 PM Comments comments (0)
Once Nanny and Papa arrived it was time to open our (their) gifts.

No gifts for me these are just MY gifts to my family

Amy dressed and ready to play


Dad with Sophie

I love her dress

It's water not wine!

Now my mother is a different kettle of fish! LOL

...........................
Christmas by night
Hallway

Living Room

Dining room

......................................
Look mum I dressed myself!

Boxing Day at my parents home.

Oh, and I did get some gifts!

Merry Christmas from The Priors....and ME!

Posted by Susannah on December 25, 2011 at 8:35 AM Comments comments (4)



Giselle and Harry are looking forward to Christmas with baby Abhay

Izzy and Richard will be celebrating their first Christmas with their new baby daughter

Mark and ex wife Danni will spend the day together fot the sake of their two children

Someone else who might be having a very happy Christmas ;)

And bump makes FIVE!

Lilith and Marco's first Christmas as a married couple!

Rickey and Marc are the best of friends.... well, sometimes!

The Priors will be back in the New Year

GIFTS, GIFTS, GIFTS... for ME???

Posted by Susannah on December 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM Comments comments (1)
I received these wonderful dresses from Ginny last week... a GIFT!

Kandy with Chris

Rumi with Iver


..............................
On the 16th Amy returned to Great Ormand Street Hospital for a check up on her eyes. She was a pain in the butt but still behaved enough for them to work out that  one eye was the same and the other showed a slight improvement!

Then we got a cab to Oxford St and had lunch in the Spaghetti House Amy was a little off her food and complaining about a loose tooth! Sophie and my mum were with us and I thought it would be un-fare to go home without seeing the Christmas lights etc! So I got some pain gel and paracetamol for Amy and we went for a look around Selfridges.



They were selling Karaoke Machines Amy and Sophie sang 'Away In A Manger'  (big crowed) and by the time they had finished a long que of people buying the machines! My girls were a big hit! LOL Yes, I brought one too!

When we had finished looking around Selfridges we walked up Oxford St looking at the window displays to Regent St. I intended on taking some pictures but it was to dang COLD!

Regent St was pretty and we found this most wonderful shop called All Saints http://www.allsaints.com/ they have shops all over but this was the first time we had come across them!


There are more the 270 sewing machines!

The fabrics are so wonderful to touch they make your fingers tingle (if you know what I mean)?
Then it was back to GOSH and get the car home.

...............................
I love the Holiday Swap they have on Doll Divas http://members.boardhost.com/DollDivas/ and have joined for the last five years. This year the swaps were Candy, Orniment, Diorama and White Elephant.
For my Candy swap I got this lot... ALL yummy! From Reese

For my Ornament I received this most beautiful ornament! From Kristine

For my Diorama swap I hit the MOTHER LOAD! From Johnna In PA

The White Elephant swap is on the 28th so I have not opened it yet (actually I don't have it yet)LOL
............................
And finally some amazing furniture from Maryann Roy http://www.maryannroy.com/

Christmas is Coming....

Posted by Susannah on December 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM Comments comments (0)
Had a busy couple of weeks (OK, who hasn't with Christmas coming) Still running back and forth between two schools with Amy, so pleased I only have one more week and then when she goes back after Christmas she will be full time at the village school.
For the last eleven years Sophie has sung Away In A Manger accompanied by The Ware Brass Band at my parents golf club. There are about 200 people at the carol night. For the last three years Amy has joined in!


Did a little redressing, no not for Christmas (although I did that too)
First up Alvin has on a new suit and a WARNING

OK, the warning? Notice the pinky colour on the front of the suit? Well, the colour in the scarf has seeped into the suit!!!!
Next up I re dressed Agnes who was off to a business meeting

Not so sure about the Victoria Becham glasses though?
When I was taking Amy to school the other day I noticed this poor guy laying in the car park! He was still there the following morning so I picked him up....


As you can see he has been through the wars


Sean (as he is now known) sure needs some TLC


And a crutch! Poor guy it's a good job I have a nice new hospital ready and waiting... I hope the can help him?
And finally as Christmas gets closer

Following on from my last Blog

Posted by Susannah on November 13, 2011 at 2:10 PM Comments comments (0)

Following on from my last Blog.... Some dressing up time
But first a couple of outfits for the guys
New 10.11.2011 (21) New 10.11.2011 (22) New 10.11.2011 (23)
This was the only outfit I brought of the boards, Mimi looks good in lemon
New 10.11.2011 (26) New 10.11.2011 (27)
And Carson dresses up
New 10.11.2011 (28)
Harthik models my other outfit
New 10.11.2011 (29)
These outfits fit the tall and the short
New 10.11.2011 (30) New 10.11.2011 (31)
And as good from the back as the front
New 10.11.2011 (38) New 10.11.2011 (39)
A good looking couple
New 10.11.2011 (40) New 10.11.2011 (41)
Giselle loves her man too
New 10.11.2011 (42) New 10.11.2011 (43)
This dress is just a tiny bit tight on the Nu body but still fits OK
New 10.11.2011 (44)
Dayle models a new coat
New 10.11.2011 (46) New 10.11.2011 (47) New 10.11.2011 (48)
Alexis joins the girls showing that even the big boob ladies can fit into these fashions
New 10.11.2011 (52) New 10.11.2011 (54) New 10.11.2011 (56)
Amie has a new jacket
New 10.11.2011 (57) New 10.11.2011 (58)
Just LOVE these shoes/boots
New 10.11.2011 (59)
A sexy looking silky! (she does not as yet have a name)
New 10.11.2011 (61) New 10.11.2011 (62) New 10.11.2011 (63) New 10.11.2011 (64) New 10.11.2011 (50)

Busy Week

Posted by Susannah on November 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM Comments comments (3)
I'm in the process of transferring Amy from her old school to the local village school. Not as easy as it sounds, are you sitting comfortably? Good! Then I shale begin....
Back in June I thought that as Sophie was now leaving school it might be nice for Amy to attend her local school instead of the one near to Sophie's school. The logical thing was to contact the village school so this is what I did. The head said that Amy's year was full but to fill in a form and when they got a vacancies they would contact me. So this is what I did! In July I received a call from the Special Educational Needs Dept apparently if my child is statement all I need do is contact the dept and they sort it all out? OK, so the school got it wrong never mind!
Well, in September when school returns the village school contacted me would I like to come and look around the school? THEN I get a call from the old school asking why I had not told then earlier that I was changing Amy's school? Say WHAT???? I had not even SEEN the school at this time? So I go look around the school it's a nice little village school, the head is a little 'hesitant' I don't think she has ever met anyone with Downs before?
So the next day I go see the SENCO (special educational needs  co-coordinator) and the Education Authority woman was also there. Apparently they have already started the transfer? But I have only just looked at the school I say? No, when I spoke to the EA in July THAT was when they started?
Yeah, big mix up!!! But never mind as I liked the new school so was OK, with the move!
Next thing was for Amy and I to visit the school together then for her to slowly transfer over to the village school.
First problem with this.... even though the village school knew about Amy in JULY and it was by now October they had done nothing about employing a teaching assistant for Amy?
Do you get the feeling that the village school is not ready for Amy?.... Me too!
Anyway, to bad as she is going anyway! So now what?
After half term Amy visits for a couple of afternoons with a TA from her old school. This means... I take her to school in the morning, collect at lunch time and take her to the new school and the collect her from her new school.... in between this I run Sophie around as well!!! Confused, tired, fed-up a mix of all three!
So on Monday ANOTHER meeting, Tuesday Amy spends the morning at her new school and the afternoon at the old school... I said the other day I felt like I was on elastic pinging about all over the place.... Oh, and did I mention that I have an ulcer and I'm not supposed to get stressed?
So thats my life at the moment! LOL
Now onto new goodies....
I was one of those fools that spent HOURS trying to get some of the left over convention goodies... so this is what I got
 10.11.2011 (1)10.11.2011 (2)10.11.2011 (3)10.11.2011 (5)10.11.2011 (4)
Love these boots and the 'boot' bit is removable so they can be shoes too!
10.11.2011 (6)10.11.2011 (7)
Love these boots too!
10.11.2011 (8)
Yeah, got the Dynamite outfits too... and the FR/Poppy shoes
10.11.2011 (9)10.11.2011 (10)10.11.2011 (11)10.11.2011 (12)10.11.2011 (13)10.11.2011 (14)10.11.2011 (15)10.11.2011 (16)10.11.2011 (18)10.11.2011 (19)10.11.2011 (20)10.11.2011 (17)

Last week was half term....>>

Posted by Susannah on November 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM Comments comments (0)
So not much Doll time although I do have a Diorama Update
LINK
On Tuesday Sophie and I went to London to see The Saturdays thanks to Barbie
LINK
Thursday we went to the cinema to see FOOTLOOSE if you have not seen it and love dance... and romance with a happy ending GO SEE IT! We loved this film ... even my dad!! Then we had a lovely Chinese meal!



Then on Friday I took Sophie and Amy to see my childhood friend Jackie in Clacton. A long day but it was lovely to see her and her children... well they be all growed up now!

And finally a new doll, she was going to be a Christmas gift from my girls but I decided the could give me Tokidoki. So I de boxed Gustav Klimt swapped her body and tossed the plastic jewellery


Home at last....>>>

Posted by Susannah on October 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM Comments comments (0)
Poor Vanessa.... Monaco Royale
She was due to arrive home weeks ago but was stuck in customs.... nothing new in THAT!
BUT
I never received the ransom demand so in customs she stayed, at lest she had the company of a IT doll!
Well I checked on her progress and after a few days and still no demand I contacted THEM (Parcel Force)
A few days later an email arrived telling me they could not deliver as I had not paid the ransom (they call it a customs charge but we all know that if you demand money from a person for something that already belongs to that person THEN THEY ARE HOLDING THE ITEM TO RANSOM!!!)
Anyway the email said I need to pay 'the charge' before they deliver. Enclosed was also the amount owed and a reference number... this of course did not work! So after a couple more e.mails back and forth they said they would deliver COD. Then when it arrived it had 'paid' on it????? Strange hummm??? But hay ho!


For more pictures..... LINK

And her IT companion

And for more pictures of this little lovely.... LINK
Some items that did arrive in a timely manor
Four new pairs of trousers (pants) for my Homme's and Neal is wearing a new sweater all are from Gwen on Doll Divas.


In case your interested the brown sweater is from MarC also on Doll Divas.

Amy's Birthday Week End...

Posted by Susannah on October 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM Comments comments (1)
Yes, there is a bit of a theme when it comes to birth'days' they go on for a lot longer than a DAY! Amy's being no different it started on the Saturday evening when we went out to The Townsend for dinner....








Then on the Sunday we drove down to Kingston On Themes where we got a boat up to Richmond (one of the hottest days of the year and a record breaker for October.... Yeap, the hottest October day on record!!!!

Monday was her actual birthday and after school my parents came round so she could open her presents and then we had a Chinese meal.

Fashions from Madison

Posted by Susannah on September 18, 2011 at 3:55 PM Comments comments (1)
Madison sent me a massive box of goodies including some fashions... Amy wanted a couple of them and I still need to dress a couple more dolls but these are what I have so far

Adele is wearing a FR outfit with gift jacket and her hat and purse is by Dawn OSS

Martha is dressed in a vintage Barbie dress.... from Madison

Some pictures of Rayna in a dress and tights from Madison

Topher has a new outfit from Gwen... he has a new young lady with him too! I hope Akaine is OK with this? Her name is Amara....

And a few individual pictures
And Amara

Some new goodies

Still not mastered the MACRO!

Dolls and other fun stuff....

Posted by Susannah on September 18, 2011 at 1:55 PM Comments comments (0)
Agnes and Jonathan... Agnes models a new dress by Dawn OSS and sheos from Angelic Dreamz



A few pictures of Jonathan

For more pictures of AGNES
Poor Kyu did not have a good  journey



Kyu felt a lot better once he had a little warm up and his head was popped back on! Then he went for a wander around the garden

Then it was time to meet up with the family

More pictures of Johanna she's modeling the new Barbie Target fashions

New Momoko... Sammi can also wear Target


Not been so good this week

Posted by Susannah on September 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM Comments comments (1)
On Sunday I got a phone call from an old school friend... well she is more than that! We lived next door to each other for 20 years and were in the same class together all through school. I was bridesmaid at her wedding to her childhood sweetheart (she was 15 when they met) I'm godmother to their three children. A few years ago they moved away but we still kept in touch and I visited when I could. We always try to get together in the summer holidays but this year the weather was bad (she lives on the coast so we try to visit when the weather is nice) Anyway I did not phone her I had not spoken to her since March(ish) So on Sunday she phoned asked about the girls,me, my parents and told me her youngest (19) was pregnant they are all very happy about it and the boyfriend is due home soon (he is serving in Afghanistan) My friends son did wonderfully in his music exams and can be a teacher if he wants but at the moment he is happy playing in a band. The older daughter is happy in her life and said that she and my freind will grow old and have a load of cats (I thought this a little odd but let it go) we chatted on a little and then she told me that she had lost her mother in law back in May. Her MIL had been ill for some time and was in her 80's so no big surprise even though she had been ill. That's when my friend asked me if I was ready for some more news (I could hear the catch in her voice... was she getting divorced? they had been married 29 years? They were a good couple, happy together? But then who's knows? She she tells me.... her husband is dead! She lost him on 20th July their sons birthday!!!! Only immediate family had known he was ill, it had taken to now for her to tell me... she had still not told anyone else. To say I was shocked is an understatement! He had been diagnosed with Cancer a couple of days after his mother's death in May (on their daughters birthday) TWO months later he was dead! I have known him at long as she had he was 54....just 54! The guilt for not contacting her sooner is eminence I will be going to see her in October (half term) whatever the weather!
Sorry this has been such a morbid post but I needed to write it down.... to get the dark thought out of my head! Oh, the day before he died he received a letter from their youngest daughters boyfriend asking for her hand in marriage.... he said yes and they told him it was a good thing as he was to be a granddad!
So on Monday still feeling very morose I tied things down in the garden (Tail end of Hurricane Katia) went indoors and cleaned the bathroom. As I went to go back downstairs a gust of wind and the loft hatch blew open on me! Skimmed the back of my head but I'm OK! Hatch has now been fixed but a fraction of a second earlier it could have been very different!
My third thing mess up with my money took me some hours to sort out and did the guy say sorry? Noooooo! He tells me not to worry "I'll get it back" Great!!!!! That help pay the bills! LOL
It's Wednesday now and I'm feeling less...... shocked now!

Ready For School...

Posted by Susannah on September 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM Comments comments (0)
I found these uniforms on evil bay

These shoes came with the uniforms? Not sure what school heads would allows them????

When I mentioned the other day that I only had one fire fighter my wonderful buddy CHRIS came to the rescue
Not one but TWO uniforms

He sent all these extras too

Thank you for such a wonderful gift!

............................
And talking of gifts.... I brought this wonderful dress/skirt from Dawn OSS and she sent me these amazing accessories too!




Oh, An I have completed the first part of my Doll A - Z Barbie

1 comment:

  1. I have read your post it was amazing. Keep posting same as in the future. I also love to recommend Biker Boyz Yellow Motorcycle Leather Jacket. You can check this article here https://www.leatherjacketsdirect.co.uk/product/biker-leather-jacket-boyz-yellow-motorcycle-jacket/. For all articles check this sitehttps://www.leatherjacketsdirect.co.uk. Thank you for your assistence.

    ReplyDelete