Sunday 10 May 2015

In Honour Of Japan...>>>

view:  full / summary

In Honour Of Japan...>>>

Posted by Susannah on March 18, 2011 at 7:33 AM Comments comments (0)
I've called him Fukushima he arrived last Friday as I was watching the Tsunami on TV. The original idea was  I just wanted his head (although I do love the outfit) But it was like he was saying "I'm special... I mean something!" So he says as is! When my dad noticed Minamisoma in the Barbie catalogue he said I should get her too! (I also got another guy) So these are my two dolls and they will forever honour the dreadful events we have watched unfold in Japan.



There are many places you can donate to, this is just one of them....



Thank you

Posted by Susannah on March 13, 2011 at 10:00 AM Comments comments (2)
Thank you for all your get well's they are much appreciated.
WARNING.... a bit 'descriptive'
I had a bad night last night with lots of coughing and wanting to be sick. Not eaten for eight days so could not be! (Good job I have plenty of spare fat to work through!LOL) Anyway ended up with a nose bleed? Go figure???? But I feel a lot better today and have been trying to eat thing is that as with most antibiotics there are side effects and any thing I do eat does straight through without touching the edges? Still two more days and the antibots will be finished and then I can work on getting my strength back! Oh, and I think part of why I became so ill is because I have no gallbladder?
But enough about my innards..... today is Ken's Birthday born the same year as me (I will be 50 in July) The girls and I had a wonderful birthday party planed but it's been put on hold ...Ken will have to be like our queen and have TWO birthdays I'm hoping to do a little something NEXT weekend now! Even have FOUR (seven) new Ken's the three basics plus Japan (another Japan and two Harley's for body donation) AND some lovely new furniture.
I'm hoping to do a Doll room update later today so look out for that!

Been MIA....

Posted by Susannah on March 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM Comments comments (5)
If you had noticed I had been MIA I bet you thought I had been playing?  Well you would have been WRONG!!!! I would have loved to have been playing but I've spent over a week with a stupid cough.... well it started out as a cough and then all went a little haywire!
I get a lot of coughs, for me it's just one of those things. But this one just would not shift, then I lost my voice.... again nothing new but by Wednesday things just did not feel right so in the end I gave in and phoned the doctor who agreed to give me an emergency appointment! Mum took me while dad looked after my girls (so pleased they stayed home as it turned out)
When we arrived the waiting room was freezing and mum asked if I could sit in the hall as the heating was working there but the receptionist refused! So she went to the car and got me a blanket. Still I was cold and just as the doctor called my name I started to feel all tingly in my face and hands... then my muscles locked and I could not move??? If you have never felt sudden paralysis (and I hope you haven't) it's TERRIFYING!!!!! Anyway mum and the doctor helped me into the doctors room and after a while I started to get some movement and with a prescription for antibiotics I was sent on my way!!!! (Doc did say if it happened again go to A&E)
Yeap! You guessed it as soon as I got in it started to happen again so mum had to take me to A&E (Accident and Emergency)  I did try not to frighten my girls but dad said the were both in tears after I had gone!
So at A&E I could hardly walk but booked in and only had to wait about 15 minutes to see a nurse who said they had no cubicles free? But as I was by now struggling to breath and my temp was 103 I was advised it might be best if I did not go home????? *BLEEEEP*
So back in the waiting room (no idea what the other people thought but for some reason no one was sitting anywhere near me????) after only a couple of minutes the nurse was back with a wheelchair and I was taken through to Resuscitation???? They said they needed to put me on a drip and take some bloods.... I expected this but warned them that I was needle phobic! I was hoping that as my arms and hands were still paralysed that I would not feel the needle... WRONG! Because my muscles were locked it was a bitch getting the needle in sooooooooooooooooo painful and the nurse could not get any blood from my hand as the muscles were locked? Did have three bags of stuff pumping in though (temp now 106) Oh, and my heart was dancing the fandango too! So still needed blood
Nurse "lets try the arm!"
Me " not gonna happen!"
Nurse "OK" signalled two more nurses and doing it anyway! After all not a lot I could do as I could not bloody move! Did frighten us ALL though as my stomach went tingly and the muscles locked! So in the end we had.... cough.... fast breathing.... manky heart....temp of 106..... paralyses from head to knees! Yes, a perfect example of a healthy person!!!!
Anyway a couple of hours later after two bags of antibiotics, some freezing fluids (to cool my blood) and two diazapam the temp went down a little and heart went back to normal and some movement returning I was told I could go home (just needed some more VERY strong antibiotics) BUT just as we leave a doctor pounces and tells me they need to do another blood test! .............. Twenty minites later he finally wears me down and I agree (this one had to be from my wrist and they would know the results in seconds so then I could go home) Half an hour later they ask me to wait in another room as yet another doctor need to see me before I can go home!  By the way I STILL don't know what if anything is wrong with me?
So another 30 minutes later I was finally told I had a chest infection and the paralysis was a combination of having a dangerously low amount of salt and my calcium bubbles bursting in my blood???? OOOOOOK?????
So that's it, three days later and I'm just starting to feel better!


Now I have TWO Blogs.... I must be mad!...>>

Posted by Susannah on February 26, 2011 at 1:22 PM Comments comments (0)
So not happy with this blog where I can share all sorts of news I now have my Diorama BLOG! So if you want to keep up with that LINK 
For everything else I will continue my ramblings here.
Not a lot been going on of late. The Priors is on hold for a couple of weeks so I can get on with some decorating and 'things'
It been half term this week and I've had the girls at home. This is always a bit of a boring break as the weather is not good enough to do much! Anyway my parents have decided they want to move nearer to us so they are selling there house and have already found a pretty little cottage they would like.... if they can sell their one FAST!   Watch this space! LOL
On the doll front....
Well not a LOT!
I did get some very pretty dresses from Louous for my Momoko's

Done some head swapping

And finally .....I wanted to cover up my female dolls (the guys all have boxers) I thought a simple sock shift? But I sort of got a little carried away

Oh, and the baby is new too!




So Christmas Is Over ....

Posted by Susannah on January 11, 2011 at 5:40 AM Comments comments (0)

and the new year has begun. No, I'm not going to look back over the last year.... way boring! LOL
Today I'm holed up in my living room as the workman fitting a new boiler wreck havoc throughout the rest of my home!!! Didi is sitting in her normal spot on the back of the sofa just behind my head and the giant Godfrey.... cowering in the corner behind the sofa being the cowedly cat that he is!!!!
The girls are both at school and mum and dad are at a funereal... no idea who's?
Sophie is all excited as she is going to see 39 steps with the school on Thursday.
Me? well I'm trying not to buy AGAIN! No I'm not back on Dolly Cold Turkey but with the doll room now under way.....YES!!!!! I need all my money for this 'little' project.... Oh, and I'm still decorating!
Two and a half years we have been here now and still at it! My last three homes were done in a couple of months but I guess the house is bigger, the garden is bigger and my dad is older! Dad used to do most of the hard labour while mum does the wallpapering... ME? director of works and painter, odd jobs etc!
Dad does have the help of Daniel who at 20 is young fit and willing... silly boy! LOL
So this years projects...
Finish all the 'little' jobs that have been left through out the house.
Finish my bedroom... still needs quite a lot done including laying the flooring!
The landing needs some flooring too!
Oh, and Amy's wardrobe doors are STILL waiting to be fitted! *sigh*
Downstairs most is finished except the BIG one.... KITCHEN! But once the boiler is fitted I hope to get on with this... maybe?
If it ever stops with the bad weather the paving in the garden (where the swimming pool goes) still needs laying properly. Last year it ended up being laid all of a rush as the summer holidays began and I had promised the girls they would have the pool by then!
But my BIG number one project I touched on before... THE DOLL ROOM!
The ground has been dug out and the footings are in. It will be a cement 'garage' type structure with a 15 year guarantee so I'm hoping it will be OK?






It should be up in the next five weeks? Then it's all systems go!
On the new arrivals front.... nothing much as I said I'm trying to cut back!
Now onto The Priors....
Well been a bit hit and miss due to being ill twice before Christmas... and Christmas itself got in the way! So now I'm doing the next three episodes... I was thinking I could get away with two but I just can't cut back when I'm writing! So it's three more episodes and then I'm going to take a brake and get on with the house....OK, doll room! But it will only be for a couple of weeks!
Then the story will be taking a lot of twists and turns... no surprise in that! But I will be showing all the families moving into their new homes and the shops etc being designed and built!
So TONS of dioramas for this year! Hope to make a few outdoor sets too?
Well, that's it for now I will keep you updated on progress... when there is some?
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!




Late Christmas

Posted by Susannah on December 29, 2010 at 9:37 AM Comments comments (0)


Christmas Dinner we went for the slightly less traditional Beef with all the trimmings.



A just because he is sooooo handsome (and just before he got his butt kicked for trying to destroy my tree) .... only joking I don't kick butts (on Christmas day);)



My one and only Christmas gift!

I've updated my Christmas 2010 Page..... LINK

Plus

I've added a Goodies in December Page..... LINK

So carrying on from last week...

Posted by Susannah on December 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM Comments comments (0)
My chat list......
Dance exams,
School nativity,
Carol concert,
Emergency chimney repair,
New doll stuff...


Sophie had her dance exam last week... Samba, Rumba, Jive, Cha Cha and Meringue her dance teacher said she did really well and achieved a Highly Commended! YES!

Amy's school nativity was last week. She had a speaking role this year as one of the inn keepers...
Yes, she was soooo funny! She shot out from behind the door shouted very loudly " Got no room!" and shot back again????



Then in the evening it was the Carol Concert at my mum and dad's Golf Club. This is something we have attended for some years and when Sophie was about five she got up and sang 'Away In A Manger' with the Brass Band. This is now a tradition and apparently both the band and other club members really enjoy it? They are a strange lot??? Anyway for the last couple of years Amy has joined in and if your MAD you can listen to it on my Christmas page (LINK and the end of my post)



Next on my list Emergency chimney repair.... this is a good one! My next door neighbours (Semi detached) are having their chimney breast removed, it's taken a WEEK with a VERY noisy vibrating machine thing to get it down.... these houses were built to LAST! Anyway I had to remove all my pictures and anything on the shelves along that wall as they were being vibrated off! Then I had a man come to fix a new aerial and when he went on the roof he said the chimney was VERY dangerous and needed emergency repair so luckily after a quick phone call the the housing association they were there within half hour and had to remove the chimney!!! Thankfully I have an electric fire so don't use it! While they was here they fixed some broken roof tiles and now the chimney is covered I might not get woken early in the mornings by birds nesting in the chimney???? Well, I can hope?!?!


Before I get on to my MASS of new goodies this BLOG was supposed to be posted last week and you might also be wondering 'Why no Priors'? Well Amy was ill last week with 'Winter Vomiting' and just as she recovered I got it!!!! Along with my mum and dad! Poor Sophie had to look after Amy on her own for FOUR days as I was unable to get out of bed (Except for the toilet run) OK OK to much information! Both girls were amazingly good.... all changed now!
So now I am well again but what with being poorly with a cold (Turned into bronchial pneumonia) and then Amy and my 'funny tummy' I'm running soooooo far behind! So although the story is written for last week I have no pic's.... will catch up....soon???? Maybe????


Oh, almost forgot 14th December was my dad's 80th birthday we went to dinner at my parents house and it was after dinner Amy said she felt unwell! Saturday we was supposed to go out for lunch but as the birthday boy as well as mum and I were ill it has been postponed onto AFTER Christmas!



As many of you know I'm often found on the doll boards and Doll Divas is one of may favourites I always like to participate in the Holiday swap.... this year there are four. Candy Swap (Shown last week) Ornament Swap, Diorama Swap and White Elephant! These are my Ornament Swap gifts from Anna in Miami.


So now onto the fun stuff.... what have I been 'not' buying? I say 'not' as I'm trying so save money for my doll room.... OK, so I'm not doing very well!!!! OK, so the list is long maybe I had better put it in another post?

LINK to more pictures and video of 'Away In A Manger'




Long Time No Chat.....

Posted by Susannah on December 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM Comments comments (0)
WOW! I did not realise it was SUCH a long time since I updated my BLOG!!!I'm such a slacker!
Well, we are all well.
Sophie and Amy are looking forward to Christmas.... I will once I get organised, not sure if that will be by THIS Christmas though?
It's been very, very cold with snow and ice, all very pretty but not so good for driving in!


So far it's been more up north and it's not kept the girls away from school so fingers crossed it will stay that way until school breaks up next Friday.
I did think I had things in hand until I get a stupid cold! The cold kept me come a couple of days but it was my DANG cough that 'did me in'!!!! It's like a hooping cough and people stop and stare if I start coughing when I'm out!!! Hard to work on diorama's or type when your spluttering all over the place! LOL So now I'm waaaaaaaay behind! *sigh*
Wanted to do a little more decorating before Christmas and we did ,manage to get the first coat of paint on the walls in my bedroom and mum papered my feature wall (once I finally decided on the paper) But no time to do the rest.
Had the worktop in the kitchen shortened and a base unit moved so I can get the fridge/freezer in.... but not moved the wall cupboard yet! Did buy some new doors for the wall units, but not put them on yet! Amy is STILL awaiting her wardrobe doors so as you can see not getting much done.
Next door are having a wall taken out and a chimney breast the noise has been unbearable and it's taken an AGE as the walls are make of concrete or stone or some such bomb proof material! LOL Anyway all the stuff on my shelves in my dining room bounced off! So now it's all sitting on the table.... MORE mess!
I have a new page... Christmas 2010 with a mix of pictures that I will be updating throughout the season (I hope) LINK

In the garden my doll room has come to a stand still due to the freezing weather!!!! *sigh* Ever get the feeling you should just give in?
Well, I have most of my Christmas presents now and I'm going shopping with mum and Lorraine on Wednesday to do the last of it. Very busy week next week....
Monday.... Take girls to school and do food shopping. Plus, washing and housework. Then collect Sophie from school and wait for Amy's school disco to end before I can go home and cook dinner.
Tuesday.... Take girls to school and meet dad we are going over to pick up his/Sophie's new car. It's dad's 80th birthday... yes, EIGHTY! We are going to dinner with mum and dad today. (Plus, Amy's class party so she will be totally HYPER)
Wednesday... Christmas shopping... do I need to say MORE! LOL
Thursday... Once I have taken the girls to school I'm meeting up with Lorraine and we are going to get our hair done. Yes, I know some people love having their hair done but I'm not one of them. I always sit there thinking of all the things I should be doing. I would never go if Lorraine did not book it and 'force' he to go!!!!
Friday.... School's out! Sophie finishes at 1:30 and Amy 2:30. What I'm going to do for the hour I'm not sure but not enough time to go home and back again so I guess we will wander around town for a while?
Saturday.... Dad's lunch party at the pub so another busy day!!!!
Not sure where I fit in this weeks episode of The Priors.... it's still in my head and so far I only have two lines WRITTEN!!! Not even thought about the sets, dressing the dolls etc!!!!
Anyway I have lots more to tell you.... School nativity, dance exams, carol concert, emergency chimney repair, new doll stuff (lots)....
So more tomorrow!
Oh, and I hope you like my new Christmas format?



New Goodies....>>>

Posted by Susannah on October 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM Comments comments (0)
On the home front all is well, both Sophie and Amy are back at school. Sophie can eat most things again now and I got TWO texts from Amy's school this week telling me how well she is doing? It's a miracle!!!! LOL
Rounding up the plants and getting the garden ready for winter.... still not had summer yet? Hope to get some decorating done next week then it's half term and the girls will be home for the week!
On the doll front my big news is the doll room the moment .... but not doing so well!
I'm an ALL or NOTHING kind I guess?
These are a few of the items I received this week.....


Dania is now DIANA  and she is modelling some of my new items! As some of you know I have been looking for new (removable hands)  bodies for some of my older FR girls but Diana is to pretty to be head swapped!


Chris decided to take his little brother Philip camping! Philip took a friend along too.....
Tent and Swing both arrived this week
Trying to play catch up with my doll story THE PRIORS as the story is mapped out to well into next year.... Yes, I actually DO plan what's going on!LOL I need to be back on track before Christmas so I'm TRYING to do two Episodes a week? Not really working like that but Hay Ho!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY

Posted by Susannah on October 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM Comments comments (2)
My baby is EIGHT today!
















It's Dolly Time

Posted by Susannah on September 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM Comments comments (0)
Alexis would like to say "Bottoms up darlings!"

Dress by Ginny O
Glass of wine part of a set.... two glasses of wine and the bottle by hippijade on Evil Bay

AG Clones in Doll Diva dresses by OVAZ
LINK to more pictures

Daniel and Amie are in new outfits by Fakeskin and crusty22

LINK to more pictures

Next up Green is the colour



LINK to more pictures



Got a NEW MOMOKO....

Posted by Susannah on September 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM Comments comments (0)
I'm starting to get a real passion for these little dolls! Daisy is number four!
Daisy was happy to 'model' my new chest and brass candle sticks from a charity shop




Meko was on hand to greet her


I think Meko is telling her she should not be running around in her undies?


Daisy can't see the problem... she flew all the way from USA in them

Meko gives up

The girls are now back at school but life is still busy! Monday I only had two hours before I had to collect Sophie and take her to the orthodontist! In that time I had to get the shopping, visit the options to get new glasses for Amy (she broke hers... AGAIN) Tuesday I popped out with mum to buy some seeds, well that was the theory anyway? Dad came too and we got home mid afternoon! Just enough time to have a bite to eat and collect the girls from school then a dash home and about turn for dancing (Sophie does Latin and Ballroom) Today? A trip to the DIY store got home about 2:30 sent dad to collect the girls while I tided up etc. So as yet still not a lot of doll time! *sigh* Maybe tomorrow? I want to finish my body 'enhancements' and write a little.... I'm getting soooooo behind with The Priors and I have so much story buzzing around in my head!!!!
Oh, and for the most part this week it's been bucketing down with rain!
Tomorrows options if I'm not interrupted? Paint bodies? Set up some new dioramas? Write some story? Housework? Paint some doors?..... Not sure how things will pan out?????
A just because picture.....

That's my foot your chewing on!!!! See what I have to put up with when I try and snap a few doll pictures!



Family

Posted by Susannah on August 31, 2010 at 3:27 PM Comments comments (0)
The weather has not been so good the last couple of weeks but today was a little better so the girls had the chance to play in the pool!
Last week we went to Kingston on Thames to meet up with Sophie's grandparents on her fathers side. We met at Tony Romas (Sophie's favourite restaurant) We always have a wonderful time and this year was no exception


I love this wall


On Saturday we went out for my mum's birthday. I had to take a couple of pictures as my girls looked so pretty



And finally a just because picture of my God



I will be posting a doll blog later today....

Dolly Re Vamp.....

Posted by Susannah on August 31, 2010 at 2:55 PM Comments comments (0)
Been quite busy the last few weeks with the girls at home... back to school next week! Then I can get back to The Priors and some more decorating!!!But for now I needed to find something to do while the girls watched TV or played...
Time for a clean and tidy, me thinks?
So first I stripped and bathed the Integrity girls


Then it was Barbie's turn



These Barbie's are awaiting new bodies!



This left me with a few outfits to pack away....




Then look at what I already had....



Maybe I have enough?... No!!!!

So next it was the guys turn.....
My Hommes


Mattel Men



And that left me with some guy clothes to put away...



Then it was Painting time..... LINK

Not A Lot!

Posted by Susannah on August 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM Comments comments (0)
That's what I've been doing! Now Amy is eight the school holiday are no holiday for me! I have had to halt the decorating as Amy and paint don't mix! Sophie has been quite good at keeping Amy occupied but even she can only take so much....
I don't even have Lorraine around at the moment as she is on vacation with her family in Spain!
Last week we went to Great Ormand Street for a check up on Amy's eyes... she is doing very well!


It was an early start with the car from GOSH collecting us at 7.30am but because of the school holidays we whizzed through so had time for breakfast before we needed to see the doctor! We took Kasira with us but the weather was yucky so after the appointment we went to Oxford St by taxi. (Amy wanted to ride the red bus but there was no way in the poring rain) Maybe next time?
Since we finished the pool the weather has been rubbish so the girls have had very little time in the pool!!!! What's the bet the weather will get better once the girls are back at school?
I have the sample addition of Photoshop at the moment and still no main computer, I'm hoping Daniel (Lorraine s son) can fix it when he gets back from his vacation? He did have a look and thinks it might just be salvageable? I hope so but I know I have lost most of my files.... he might be able to retrieve them? Thank goodness I have most of my pictures on Photobucket!
Got a question for you...
Have you ever seen one of these before?

Is it a Pepper or is it a Tomato? I've called it a Tompepper?????
So in the Doll Department......
Giselle and Madeline are still packing for the move from France to England... LINK



Only the ONE new doll this week....
Her name is Laila.... LINK

I'm going to do some comparison shots with the other Integrity Dolls when I get the time.... Working on The Priors tomorrow.
Oh, and look out for more Psyched...


I always have been an All or Nothing kinda gal...

Posted by Susannah on August 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM Comments comments (0)
So no posts for an age then I get carried away!
This wardrobe arrived this week from Filip






LINK to add on Doll Divas. Other colours are avalable too!

And look at this guy.... HE IS HOT!!!!!



Psyched .....MORE pictures


May now has her own WEB page



And I have added some new pictures to Godfrey's Page

Long time no BLOG...

Posted by Susannah on August 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM Comments comments (0)
Well, not had much in the way of time to BLOG of late... But I wanted to show you some of my new goodies...

POM Purse Of The Month From La Boutique







For More Pictures of Big Ben Barbie.... LINK



Oh, I just wanted to say the girls are having so much fun in the pool....




These tables were a birthday gift from my good friend Dawn OSS



And the little jars? DollHouseKitchen.com
She does not show any 1:6 scale items but I ordered these and they are just so VERY realistic!









No comments:

Post a Comment