Friday 15 May 2015

Happy Christmas Cards

On Doll Divas this year instead of a gift swap (I loved the gift swap as I never get any doll related gifts) we had a card swap. Below are my cards

If you want to see the full collection Photo Gallery LINK

It's almost Christmas

 Posted by Susannah on December 19, 2013 at 10:55 AMComments comments (0)
Amy is in her school choir and have been very amusing.... that girl just can not stay still!
On the 12th Amy had a check up at Great Ormand St Hospital she is doing very well. Then we went to Harrods for lunch.
Their windows are AMAZING this year but unfortunatly the sun came out so most of my pictures have to much reflection.
I have put them all in one file as there are quite a few LINK TO PHOTOS
The toy department has some beautiful dolls the photo's atre in the above file.

Not been around for sooooo long!

 Posted by Susannah on December 19, 2013 at 10:20 AMComments comments (1)
So what been going on? Quite a lot but most of it pretty boring....(for boing think hospital check ups)
First up Amy had an Orthodontist apointment and after that I took her to Van Hages garden centre for lunch and a look around their Christmas displays.
Everything was all so beautiful! Did I buy anything? Do you really need to ask?
Next just a couple of random Christmas pictures I will show you all in a later post...
Yes, there are kittens in the tree!
Gez doing her spooky Christmas kittie look!

This time it's doll time

 Posted by Susannah on November 15, 2013 at 6:35 AMComments comments (0)
All holidays include dolls. This holiday started out with just the one Yvette but ended with a mass hall of well eleven dolls (two Basic Barbie's and another Ken not in picture)
Four Sassi, Kandy, Finn and Sadie were sent down from my shipping buddy in Colorado the other I purchased out and about.
I brought a Basic's (cream knit dress) in Marshalls for $9.99 and the Twilight dolls plus some Basic's fashions from Tuesday Morning (my first visit) for $9.99 each a massive saving as these dolls and fashions are still available on the Barbie Collector site at fall price ($24.99 to $29.99)
AND I have written my first full legnth story in two years! I'm just adding the photo's and tydying it up so it should be ready sometime next week.
Now for some random holiday (vacation) pictures

Sadie, Finn and Sassi
Girls night out Sandie, Sassi, Yvette and Kandy
Yvette had some time off at the beach (Time off? you will need to read my story)


I'm so not a lover of Camera phone and will be taking my proper camera next year. 


Christmas is coming and I'm still in holiday mode

 Posted by Susannah on November 14, 2013 at 8:00 AMComments comments (0)
Yes, I'm back! Back on the computer and back from my holiday.
Just over two weeks in Miami and it was WONDERFUL. This year was lovely as Amy finally learnt to swim. A wonderful place to learn a hotel from paridise called The Inn at Key West.  But I'm jumping ahead of myself.
The flight was OK, long but OK and we arrived mid afternoon. At the hotel The Thunderbird Days Inn in Sunny Isle which is North Miami a couple of mile up from South Beach. We have been staying in this same area for 18 years now so know it pretty well. When we first visited it was just a strip of hotel/motels but is now ....well Donald Trump did a bit of building so it's gone up a bit. But our hotel is still there (for now). It's not the best around but it is on the beach and opposite the Publix supermarket. With a Tony Romas down the road and not far from Marshalls. A couple of miles from Bal Hourbor and a five minite drive to Aventura Mall. Yes, I like to shop. As you can see we are right in  the middle of everything (but nice and quite) the perfect place for the girls to have fun in the sun. Must add a big THANK YOU to my mum and dad for making our holiday possible.
Oh, and before we left I phoned Virgin our holiday company and scored a free double upgrade so went from a standard room to a sea view with kitchen.
So on with the pictures, hope you don't mind a TON of pictures. NOTE: This year I only took my phone and ipad for pictures but next time I must lug the camera along.
Well, yes, there were dolls too!
But more on that later....

View from our room
Our pool
Boy my girl's got some hair!
We drove down to Key West for a couple of days
Breakfast in the hotel at Key West
A selfy
The hotel was just beautiful... a real hidden tressue and I gotta say if your staying in Key West STAY HERE!
And the view from our room
I did cheat a little and cut off the road!
A Key West home
We went on a tram ride around Key West and our driver was Chris Cringle, so know you know what Santa does the rest of the year! Amy gave him he list.
Loved the transport
Or maybe?
Another view across the road
And our room again
Did not get any good pictures of the pool but I wanted to show you how beautiful it was
Just Google  The Inn At Key West
and on our way back to Miami
At Oleta Park, another nearby wonderful place to visit
Amy did have more than one swimsuit but she seens to only wear the one when I went through the photo's
And like I said AMY LEARNT TO SWIM



Back in the real world

 Posted by Susannah on October 7, 2013 at 8:50 AMComments comments (0)

Now Amy is back at school I was hoping for some 'me time' ....not a chance!!! The 3rd October was Amy's birthday
and I have been busy with gifts,cakes and special dinners. So now that is over but still no me time as I'm decorating AGAIN! Yes, it never ends and I'm redecorating Amy's bedroom as she hated it before (it was aqua) Now it will be a New York loft apartment! Amy had also decided to damage the wallpaper in Sophie's room she that has to be re done as well...Sophie wants a Parisian Boudoir look. While Amy was ill I moved Sophie's bed into her room this also helped with giving me some room for decorating as Sophie's room is a little on the small side. I'm about half way through but have now had to give me a break as my arms and back are just not working anymore! LOL So now I'm having a break and need to play catch up with my other life... dolls!
I've had a couple of new dolls
Poor girls dress was so tight she could not even sit down in it!
And new outfits
Natesa (left) is wearing shoes, bag and purse by  dollsalive on E.bay and Emma (right) is wearing shoes from the same designer
My two guys are both wearing shirts by Gwen on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GwendolynsTreasures?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Jenna (Momoko) is modeling a dress and pants from pekoyiu2009 on E.bay
And I've been painting... toilets LINK (could not do much else as Amy was very needy when she was unwell)
Not had any time in my doll room but I need to keep up with my Tuesday post on Doll Divas (DIORAMA TUESDAY FROM SUWI'S PLACE)
If you have never visited Doll Divas it's a great board with lovely people go check it out LINK
OK, so I need to clear away my toilets and get on with some diorama building!
And finally, even though the babies are almost full grown at over a year old now they still gotta go some to be anywhere near Godfrey's size
Please excuse the dirty floor we just mowed the lawn and the cats had dirty paws!

Amy has an operation

 Posted by Susannah on September 13, 2013 at 10:25 AMComments comments (0)
Last Tuesday my Amy had a small operation she had her tonsils and adenoids out. No biggy but I was going out of my mind with worry...So I know this is not the normal me I'm pretty laid back but let me explain a little
On the 10th September 2001 (yes, the day after THAT day) Sophie had her tonsils out and all went well... for ten days. On the tenth day she woke up feeling unwell and there was a little blood on her pillow. I phoned the hospital and was called 'another mother hen' I guess I was not supposed to here that? Anyway they reluctantly said to bring her back so... cutting this long story short in the afternoon she had a post tonsillectomy bleed and 'died' in my arms then again on the operating table. I have never seen so much blood and I have never felt so helpless of frightened. Afterwards they told me if she had not already been in hospital I would have lost her. So you can see why I'm stressing out. What if it happens to Amy? What if I don't spot the signs? An ambulance even if it did arrive fast (took over an hour when dad had his heart attack) they could not stop the bleeding anyway! The most likely times for things to go wrong are the first 48 hours and the 10th to 14th day.
We are now past the 48 hours so everything crossed for the 24th. Coincidentally dad has a hospital appointment on the 27th so I could be a good week medically?.... I hope!
As far as other things go I managed to stub my big toe on the oven door a rip part of my nail off. This was a week ago and it still really hurts! Poor me!!!! LOL
Been trying to decorate Amy's bedroom but it's a bit difficult when you can't balance on ladders or bend your foot very well... but I'm getting there slowly. She is going for a New York loft look. We had to move Sophie's bed into Amy's room as she needs someone to keep an eye on her for a few nights. Plus, Sophie wants her room redecorated as Amy ripped her wallpaper.... sometimes my little angel can be a little devil!
Talking of little devils she put almost a half roll of toilet paper down the toilet and blocked it good and proper! Now I'm waiting for the plumber!!! *sigh*
As for dolls and dioramas not had much dolly time at all! Got a few more toilets, a couple of shirts for my hommes and... well that's it!
I do have three dolls I was hoping would be home long ago but I did not count on CUSTOMS I HATE HATE HATE customs!!!! My three dolls arrived in the UK from America in July and arrived in customs then a week later the went (by boat) back to America! Still not quite made it back as yet but fingers crossed they will soon. Then it's turn them around pay for shipping again (best part of $60 I think) and hope they get here this time! So what happened you ask? Well, maybe you don't but I'm going to tell you anyway!
I need to hold my hands up at this point and admit I'm not without fault. The sender sent me a tracking number and as always I ignored it! I'm not one for checking where things are they get here when they arrive, I guess it's down to customs always taking so long that I get so cross with the wait it's best to not think about it. On this occasion a second parcel was sent to me a week or so later from the same person and when this arrived I thought this was the one that had been sent first? Yes, I had been told what was in each parcel but i had forgotten! LOL Like I said I'm a little slow with this. Perhaps I should say Iwas a little slow from now on I will be checking daily.  Anyway normally when a parcel arrives in UK customs hold it to ransom and send you a letter demanding money (they call it customs duty) and only when you had paid the ransom do you get YOUR goods! To add insult to this the post office demand a cut (about £8 / $12) for taking your money!!!!!! This time I did not receive a letter.. they do not send a reminder so back went my box! 

BY BOAT! The only good thing is I did pay insurance so the box is covered! The moral of this story (other than check where your parcel is often) Don't ask people to put a low value on an expensive parcel if it does get lost you can't get your money back. Although I'm still hoping mine does arrive back, and does not get washed away in the floods. I need to add at this point I'm sooooo very lucky to have such a kind and patient shipping buddy.



Update

 Posted by Susannah on August 21, 2013 at 8:45 AMComments comments (0)
Went shopping with Amy, Sophie and her boyfriend. He's a lovely young man and if they do stay together I think the will be happy. Anyway went shopping in TK Maxx in USA they call there store TJ Maxx (I think they are brothers) Sometimes you find nothing to buy but this time I was lucky with the doll stuff
Found the Dream House fridge and dressing table... going to repaint these and these two great dressing table/desk tidies.
The weather is nice again for a couple of days so the girls are back in the pool. (note to self must find a way of warming it up)

Second half of my Busy time post

 Posted by Susannah on August 19, 2013 at 3:00 PMComments comments (1)
While playing with my new fish eye lens for my iPhone round my parents home I took a few pictures of their little court yard garden
My study
My kitchen... for some reason I did not take pictures when I finished it so thought I would post now
Bling handles
and a purple cooker
that's it for now....


Busy time...

 Posted by Susannah on August 19, 2013 at 2:10 PMComments comments (0)
Not sure what's been going on the last few weeks but no time for my blog. I've been taking a TON of pictures so I'm going to try and play catch up with this post.
First up
I got a funky new lens for my iPhone a fish eye lens
going to have some fun with this.
Food is from Dawn
We went to London last week to meet up with Sophie's birth grandparents. After a lovely lunch we did a little shopping
Found these in Debenhams
They only had these four so I brought another four on line so now I have two sets.
Visited IKEA last week too and I brought two sets of the IKEA doll furniture. I don't know what dolls they are for but are fine for Barbie. Just hope IKEA will be making more sets?
I also brought this trivet to use as a towel rail or funky radiator
You might think the chairs look a little low but I found the human ones and worked out the size they are about right!
On our way back from a hospital trip we stopped at Argos and TRU picking up these 'Dream-house' dolls
Was feeling a bit down (and knackered) when a parcel with a TON of clothes arrived from a wonderful lady thank you Deb
New dolls get to model BIG time....
A new dress arrived from Mary Miniature Couture


And two outfits from OVAZ
I think I'm going to have to post this in two halves as I don't want to overwhelm with everything in one post. 


Still moaning about the weather

 Posted by Susannah on July 30, 2013 at 9:10 AMComments comments (0)
So it's back to rain again! That's all I'm saying LOL
Last week was my birthday and we spent the morning at Harefield Hospital where my dad had an MRI scan. Then in the afternoon after a bit of a tour of London (not by intention) we ended up in Kingston On Thames. I must say my miss trust of sat nav got the better of me and I decided 'Kate' the sat nav did not know where she was going so I ignored her and we ended up in a bit of a pickle. We then had to get Kate to get us back on track. I think she wanted to get her own back for my miss trust and although we did in the end arrive at Kingston she took us all around London first!!!! If it had not been chucking it down with rain it might have been quite interesting but as I could not see where I was going not so much fun. By the time we arrived the storm had past and it was hot hot hot (and humid). Lots of stops for drinks we did manage a bit of shopping I even found a SIS doll in Bentalls department store. Then we had dinner in Tony Romas (just LOVE their ribs) We intended to go for a walk along the river after dinner but the weather had been draining and not wanting dad to over do it I decided it would be better to go home and hour and half drive.
For the most part the rest of the week was hot and we spent most of our time cooling off in the pool. It's great fun and big enough for all of us (so long as Amy is not bombing you)
Anyone know what this is?
I've spent two days sorting out my wallpaper collection (who but me would collect wallpaper?)
A new outfit I brought from dollsalive on e.bay. Even the packaging is loveley
Josephine is my newest FR doll so she get's the new outfit
Plus, this shoes and purse set sent as extras THANK YOU

The Sun has got it's hat on....

 Posted by Susannah on July 15, 2013 at 11:35 AMComments comments (0)
But no hip hip hip hooray from me as it's TOO hot! OK, I know I'm never happy but seriously a couple of weeks ago it was wall to wall rain and lucky if the temperature went into double figures and now for the last week it been 30ish!!!! To hot to decorate my home or my dolls, the doll room if in the mid 30's by 11am. It does not cool down until late evening and trying to sleep is no fun!
BUT
I have brought a pool.... a BIG pool for us all to cool down in and as I can't afford to heat it the sun is helping out nicely. As they say every cloud has a silver lining.... starting to wonder what a cloud looks like now? Some people have such short memories or maybe mine has just been fried in the heat?
The garden was looking lovely but now the grass is crispy and brown even though I have been putting the sprinkler on it every morning.
It's to hot to do much in the way of housework or even to cook but with a family I have to just get on with it! LOL Been worried how the heat will affect dad but so far so good, he spends a lot of time in the living room watching golf and the tour of France has just finished. I have a big fan in the living room to help with cooling and a little one in the kitchen but I'm thinking I need more? Trouble is how long will this weather last? Is it worth buying more fans just so I can find room for them some place when the weather changes next week... month....year??? That's the thing with weather even the weather people have no idea what's going on! A couple of weeks ago a lot of weather people had a get together and decided that the cold wet weather we have had for the last couple of years was here to stay for at least another ten years.... well they got THAT wrong! (again)
Today I went on the hunt for pool toys, vest tops and flip flops... NONE TO BE FOUND! All sold out every where I went? Last week I had trouble finding ice cream I guess the weather has caught everyone out?
On the doll front I have had a few new dolls
Two new IT dolls
And this is what I have got done in the doll room..... LINK

It never rains but it poors!

 Posted by Susannah on June 12, 2013 at 1:55 PMComments comments (0)
Yes, it's raining again but that's not what I'm talking about.
Today Amy had yet another hospital appointment at Great Ormand Street Children's Hospital. As I have mentioned before she is a little 'lively' at times... well most of the time!
So today we had a four hour assessment and they have now decided she has *ADHD to add to her list of medical issues! When they told me they asked me if I was OK with the diagnosis and was a little surprised when I said I had been saying I thought she might have ADHD since she was five! Doctors at the time dismissed me!*sigh*
So now she should be able to get extra help at school but I feel so sorry for her though with all these labels.
* ADHD... Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder

Designs by Louos

 Posted by Susannah on June 10, 2013 at 9:15 AMComments comments (0)

Catherine 
Yes, she does have a baby bump!
William showing his love
Next up is Briere
Followed by Mirabelle
And finallythe beautiful Uma

Link to LouoS Web site http://souolbylouos.storenvy.com/

And a little something for the guys, I'm dressing a lot of my dolls up ready for a wedding (sometime this millennium)and needed just one more pair of black shoes for my guys
Oops! I did it again!!!!

Flowers

 Posted by Susannah on June 8, 2013 at 9:05 AMComments comments (0)
I like flowers! I have a good sized garden with lots of flowering plants. Many flowered late this year as the weather has been soooooo rubbish. I think most people like flowers, my parents owned a flower shop for 50 years and for the last ten I had a Barbie doll shop above their florists so I guess I'm pretty well indoctrinated into a love of flowers. I might add that my body is not so in love with flowers and I have had hay fever since I was 30? I bit of a pain I gotta say especially as for a few years I also lived above my parents flower shop!!!! Anyway this week my garden has started to look pretty good with a nice bit of colour coming through as you know I'm very fond of pink and purple and so all my plants are 'supposed' to be pink, purple and white... well and green. But then I think unless your in a desert (even then Cactus are green) or you have a concrete garden (but then a sneaky little green weed will get through someplace) so all gardens have green I think we can agree on that? Anyway where was I? Oh, yes my garden colours pink, purple, white and green! But then I have my Poppy's that I planted in my first garden (as seeds) with a baby Sophie chirping by my side. So whenever we have moved the poppy's came too. Trouble is they are a very big bright ORANGE I don't link orange much and they class with my other plants ..but so be it! LOL Now from someplace I know not where I have a YELLOW plant... a very pretty Lilly but none the less it should not be in my garden, do I pull it up and throw it out? Nope! I can't do it, I'm the type of person that gets all upset and cross when I break a stem on my orchids so I can't kill a plant on purpose I'm hoping when it's finished flowering that my mum will have it for her garden? We will see!!!
Sophie's Poppies
Enough rattling on about plants the sun has been out ALL week it's quite amazing and you realize how long we have been without more than two days in a row of sunny weather. I painted all the outside doors this week and in between got Amy's room ready for redecorating, now I need it to rain before I can get on with it... need to be outside while the sun shines.
Amy learning to 'fly'
Also got some doll room time boy did I underestimate the mess I made How odd I have the music on for the girls and we are listening to Bruno Mars when I was your man and as I typed 'the mess I made' he was singing it? It's a strange world?
So for the doll room pictures LINK
Oh, and on Friday I went out for the day shopping and for lunch with a long lost friend we had a wonderful time catching up and it was nice to be out in the world even if only for a little while.
I can't end without a few cat pictures
I had a little photo shoot with some new outfits from Louos but I'll post them in another post as I don't want to overload this post!

The SUNS shinnig

 Posted by Susannah on June 2, 2013 at 4:30 AMComments comments (0)
Well, when I woke up today the sun was blazing through my blind and hitting me in the eyes it was calling to me. LOL It feels like such a long time since we have had some nice weather (3 days in March, 4 days last summer and a couple of nice days LAST March) So we need some sunshine! If you can believe the weather forecast it's going to be nice (no rain) for most of the week??? I might even mange some doll pic's in the garden?
So I got up early eight o'clock (Sunday I don't normally get up until 10!)
OK, so as I sit here writing this after my breakfast it's 9.30 and clouding over... the white puffy stuff not rain clouds but STILL clouds!!!! *sigh* Oh, well that was summer!

Happy Half Term

 Posted by Susannah on May 29, 2013 at 10:10 AMComments comments (0)
It's half term in most English schools this week and so far it's been a good one.
Last Friday dad went back to Harefield Hospital for a check up and all is well with his heart. They did a scan and the blood clot has gone! When he has his next appointment (end September) he will have an MRI (full body scan) just to make sure he has no clots anywhere else, then he can stop taking the Warferin and just take an Aspirin a day.
We had a couple of nice weather days over the weekend (back to rain now) and spent some time in the garden. Even managed a BBQ on Sunday.
(The cream cake kid!)
I had some doll room time, that room was in such a mess LINK TO MY DOLL ROOM BLOG I did manage to tidy up a bit and take some pictures all of which are on my doll room blog.
So that's it for this week.... most of my mumblings are in my doll room blog!

Happy Birthday Sophie

 Posted by Susannah on May 15, 2013 at 10:00 AMComments comments (0)
Last week was Sophie's 18th birthday and in celebration of this she has a new more adult looking hair style (with pink bits)
The necklace was a gift from me and earrings are from my parents
 Love the shoes another birthday gift
On the evening of her birthday we went for a Chinese meal with her boyfriend Micheal and his mum.
This was also their ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!
Yes, you read correctly she and Micheal are now engaged! To say I was stunned when Micheal's mum Pat phoned me to ask if I knew about it is an understatement! LOL At first I said 'not gonna happen' but then after we talked for a while we decided to let them on the proviso that they can't marry until Sophie is 30.... we figure if they are still together after 12 years the deserve to be able to marry.

I have been meaning to post these pic's from Easter but keep forgetting!
On the Sunday before Sophie's birthday we went to Kingston on Thames for the day it was one of those VERY rare sunny days!
A couple of fun pictures
In England the fire department will instal smoke detectors for you and the girls got to play in the firetruck while the firemen fitted a couple in my parents home
My good friend Omar sent me a couple of doll bodies last week
Carson came dressed and even had his wallet handy! Oh, and his head on! LOL
 He sent me this dressed body I added the head so now Tarq is back in my doll world (Now running at a population of 526)
This little lady also arrived this week. I purchased the doll and apparently she insisted on bringing a 'few' things with her!!!!
Started tidying up in the doll room (in between rain showers) the kittens 'helped' by demolishing the ground floor! I also managed to loose one of the kittens in there and when I went out 20 minutes later she was sitting by the door chewing on a doll shoe!

Dentists!

 Posted by Susannah on May 7, 2013 at 7:35 PMComments comments (1)
Not a lover of dentists! When I was a child I think they must have just invented cavities and fillings (I'm sure my teeth were/are not as dad as these dentists made out) After all they have not needed anything doing for the past 15 years! Anyway I had to go every 6 months as a child and the dentist had bad breath. Then every 6 weeks for yeeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrs with a brace. I HATED IT! Made even worse by my needle phobia and the dentist once catching my lip!!!!! Cerfice to say I'm not one for going unless I REALLY need too! And now I do! I broke a tooth some time ago but that was fine I just ate on the other side and made sure I cleaned them well. But with visiting dad when he was in hospital I broke one on the other side!!!! Could not do anything at the time with what was going on with dad but now they need sorting! First thing I have no dentist and that's where a friend came in telling me about a web site for dental phobics. They had a list of good dentist and one of the most recommended ones it not far from me so this afternoon I'm of to the dentist... with my mummy to hold my hand (and to stop me from doing a runner)
Dad by the way is doing well and even mowed the back lawn yesterday (a holiday in UK) He did have to do it in small doses but it is now done and looks so much better now! Oh, and if your wondering why I did not do it? Last time I tried (couple of weeks ago) I gave myself a major asthma attack! This last week end have been wonderful weather wise and on Sunday we went to Kingston Upon Thames shopping and for a walk along the river. I spent a small fortune on Sophie for her birthday (This Thursday) She has a whole new wardrobe! LOL Monday we had a BBQ first on in 4 years! So all in all a lovely weekend.
Amy has been home for the whole of last week with tonsillitis but went back to school this morning. I guess you could say last week had been pretty busy?
For this week's "needs" I'm looking for nightclothes... nightdresses,pajamas, robes. If you have any for sale please contact me suwi@live.co.uk
I did get some doll time with a ton of pictures taken in the garden with all my groups re dressed and now I'm working on putting theboutique back together!
Can't take pictures without kitties



MIA

 Posted by Susannah on April 26, 2013 at 11:25 AMComments comments (0)
Been MIA for the last couple of weeks trying to get all my dang dolls re dressed! Never gonna do them in one again from now on it's just a few at a time for me! I do also have a few new dolls and I've purchased a second Barbie wardrobe as they are just soooo versatile!
So now for the picture's....
I've wanted Archie for so long and these are my first CI dolls.
The little Barbie is Lula by France.
There dresses are a gift from a wonderful friend!
This is Holly Harefield (named after my dad's hospital that saved his life)
She's an OOAK by Dan







No comments:

Post a Comment