Sunday 10 May 2015

DADS!!!!

DADS!!!!

Posted by Susannah on February 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM Comments comments (0)
WHAT A DAY (Thursday).....Well, it started off OK.
Sophie, mum and I went shopping this morning at a near by town. Brought a kitchen bin and some bedding oh, and blind for Amy's bedroom. She wants it re decorated with a New York theme. Sophie want her room done too... Parisian boudoir. Anyway that's all by the by. Our last stop before heading home was the main reason for our shopping trip to buy a new printer as mine had well lets just say we had a bit of a disagreement!
So mum's phone bleeps and it's a voice mail, now not only does no one but me and Virgin (mum's cell provider)ever contact her but she has still not worked out how to answer it!!!! LOL So I answered it "I need help" was the message... from my dad who sounded terrible.
I was immediately panicked and of course with my hands shaking I could not make either mum's or my phone work! I wondered if it was as we were at the back of the store so headed for the front when my phone started to ring. It was my dad still sounding awful and all he could say was he had fallen of a ladder!!! WHAT THE HELL IS AN 82 YEAR OLD MAN DOING UP A LADDER????? So we left our shopping and headed for the car at a run. I told mum that I know dad was hurt but I was still not going to drive like a loony.
Leaving town we got stuck behind every slow moving car around then we were on the main road and it was time to test out the new car (it's only done 61 miles) well it's not got a lot of welly but once it got going we hit 95 with out to much trouble (I wonder if the two speed cameras I passed had film in them?) so got to mum's house and slew the car into a parking space and though the mud! We got out so fast Sophie shut her thumb in the door (it's fine) Paint on the brand new cooker and the floor ladders across the room. Dad had crawled his way through to the living room and was now lying on the sofa. He said he was OK but had hurt his back. We helped him stand up and he really frightened me when he said he could not SEE??? But once sitting back down and after some pain pills he said he was OK. I wanted to phone for an ambulance but the pig headed old codger was having none of it!!!! So all we could do was call him names and make him as comfy as possible! I ended up going all the way back to town after I had collected Amy from school and getting a take out from our favorite Chinese (the only way I could get dad to eat) Not that he would eat a lot and he is still in a lot of pain! STUPID STUPID MAN!He's still not going up any ladders any time soon mind but he's OK now.
I finally brought a light tent and a couple of lights I already have a good camera so now I just need to work out how to USE the dang things!!!
Anyway I got some food off evil bay that arrived today so I thought it would be a good time to play. Gez wanted to help...

While God watched from the side

And Annabelle she is just the sweetest kitten

Izabelle is a scardy cat so I don't have many pictures of her!
Today (Sunday) I had to move some ladders out of Amy's room my dad uses them to go up in my loft as he is setting up his model railway. Anyway my builder is putting in proper ladders on Thursday and as dad is still suffering from he's little 'mishap' I decided to put them back in the shed. Trouble is even though I had put them at what I thought was cat free angle I was WRONG! Izzy decided to run up the UNDER side of the ladders knocking them over!!!! They headed strait at God who ran sooooo fast and two glasses (they exploded) Izzy ran UNDER the ladders but she is not called whizzy for nothing! LOL
Oh, and LINK to my blog for all the wonderful food I brought for my dolls

Life and all that rubbish!

Posted by Susannah on January 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM Comments comments (0)
As you can tell from my tittle things are as always not going to plan!
I'm still waiting for my kitchen and study to be finished what with illness, weather and of course the lack of money you have after Christmas it's going to be a while yet!
Amy is learning how to use my ipad... I'm not sure if this is such a good idea? LOL But it will help her at school and there is a hope that she might be able to have one for school or home (or both)?
It snowed most of yesterday and as we live in a village the roads have not been gritted making travel almost imposable! Amy was sent home from school at lunchtime on Friday Sophie never even went to collage so we are now going a little stir crazy. I did get in plenty of food so if we can't get out for a while we should be OK. It's not like the girls can even enjoy the snow as the cold makes Sophie's face so dry and hurts her with Amy the white out mixed with her Nystagmus makes her sea sick!

The kittens are getting bigger every day they eat, eat, eat so it's not surprising. They have taken to playing a new game called kill the plant... it's lots of fun! The idea is to knock the plant pots onto the floor smashing the pots and scattering dirt around as much as possible... the winner is the one who can brake the plant into the most pieces! They are getting very good at it! *sigh*

(note the two plants at either end have a 'squashed' look)
I so need to get a descent chair for the study as the one we have is not high enough and I'm getting a pain in my shoulder from the odd angle I'm working at.

The light has been so poor this week that I have taken very few photo's. I have a ton of lamps so I need to work out how to use artificial light properly I might have a go at this tomorrow?
I've been trying to catch up with two friends since before Christmas and again I have been thwarted by the weather and illness! Karen and I have been friends since  I was seventeen and we both worked for House Of Frazer in Wood Green we always buy our kids gifts and each other token items.... Karen has brought me a cat calender every year for more than 30 years! Well she was sick with the flu before Christmas and then Amy over Christmas and now the SNOW!
Janet is my other friend I have been trying to catch up with. We met in Selfridges both looking at collector Barbie's she introduced me to the now de-funked UK Barbie Collector club and other Barbie collectors. Janet has the most awesome collection of vintage and MOD Barbie's including a huge MOD store display. In the 90's we would collect virtually every Barbie going LOL but these days Janet only collects the odd silkie and Tyler dolls. It's sad that I spend more time with internet friends than real ones but busy lives make it's easier to have net friends than 'real' ones?Although I have to say I have many net friends that I have made over the years that I feel are real friends now.
As to dolls and goodies.... My Adele finally arrived this week I just LOVE her outfit and her TDF shoes. I was so pleased to see they were just as nice as the promo pic's but seriously pissed when after being oh, so careful the second shoe sort of disintegrated on me. Thank goodness IT are still good at replacing things and I now await a new pair.

Some kitten pictures

and himself (Godfrey) fed up with not going out and naughty kitten he is on Sophie's bed. Oh, and the wrecked wallpaper is not down to the kittens but Amy!

So that's it for this week a pretty boring post but then that's life!





CATS!

Posted by Susannah on January 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM Comments comments (0)
So you know I have three kittens Gezabelle, Izabelle and Annabelle as well as my BIG boy Godfrey.
The first few pictures are Annabelle and Gezabelle playing 'copy cats'
Next up Annabelle likes to sleep next to me in the study
Then there's some of them 'helping' me pack away the Christmas stuff
And finally I brought them a play gym thingy... God was most interested
I've put all the pictures into one link best viewed as a slideshow  LINK
Thanks for looking and feel free to coment!

Just my Opinion

Posted by Susannah on December 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM Comments comments (2)
So this is something I've never done before, I'm going to talk about real life and what's in the news.... specificity GUNS!
So guns kill, guns are very very bad, guns should never have been invented! But then people would have just used something else to kill each other with! Sad to say it's not GUNS it's people who are bad! That I'm sorry to say is the way we are!!!!
Since the murders at Sandy Hook there has been a lot of talk about guns...if all teachers were armed then they could have saved more kids.... or got into a gun battle and killed even more?
In America they have the 2nd amendment that says all have the right to bear arms. In England guns are banned, you need a good reason to have one. But every day in the UK people are shot and many are killed? How much worse would it be if we could ALL carry guns?
The trouble is if your a nutter you can get a gun.... if your a criminal you can get a gun. Those that rule our countries and the press can go round in as many circles as they want but my guess is they will not come up with an answer... I don't think there is one?
I do think that arming even MORE people is not the best of ideas but then neither is a blanket ban on guns as those that want them will still find a way to get them anyway.
After Dunblane when 16 5 year old's were massacred in 1996 there was a lot of talk in the UK about changing the law but it never happened.... I think this was a good thing.
I do remember when I was looking for a school for Sophie that security was a big thing for me. One school I visited the head had just had her handbag stolen from her room... Sophie did not go to this school.
When I was at school it was easy for people to walk in and out but these days... well Amy's school has all the gates locked in school time and an entry phone if you wish to enter the school. I think this is indicative of most schools these days?
So are guns good or bad? Guns are.... nothing but bits of mettle it's the PEOPLE who carry them we need to be looking at I think?
.....................................
That end bit made me think about another inanimate object that some people are always bashing... Barbie! She is just a piece of vinyl (plastic) but look what she gets blamed for....
Anorexia
Boob jobs
Tattoos (Butterfly and Toki Doki)
Even gay men (Sugar daddy Ken)
I could go on but I think you get where I'm coming from......
It's not the guns/dolls/bombs etc it's PEOPLE we need to change!

Lollipop Fashions

Posted by Susannah on December 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM Comments comments (0)
I've had some Lollipop dolls boxed and sitting around for some time and decided to de-box them. The Lollipop dolls are the same height as a Barbie but pretty skinny and with bigger feet so I was not sure whether they would fit anyone?
But they did... well sort of LOL

They fit Momoko and first issue Dynamite dolls OK. (Most of the fashions and shoes are Lollipop) I would think it unlikely that they would fit Barbie or Fashion Royalty?

Oh, and if your interested I also got on my 'soap box'  but did not post a like on the doll boards so LINK

A Few Christmas Pictures

Posted by Susannah on December 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM Comments comments (1)
Izzabelle

Gezabelle Ok, so she would not stay still but a nice picture of my chair!!! LOL

Christmas Day

The Chicken Pox Kid.... Yeah, it's not so good to look at!

The window in my Living room

Fireplace

My tree...and Amy

My units

Dining Room Tree

My Hall

I thought you mught like a quick look at my study now it's almost finished

As I have not been able to get into my doll room for a couple of days as the rain had swollen the door shut, it's been fixed now but a little cold so I have the heater running all day. Anyway, I decided to sort out my fabric stash. Did you know at one time I used to make and sell my own clothes for both dolls and humans.

Yeah, it's a MESS!
And while I'm talking mess look what my kittens did!

I'm Late....I'm Late.... For A Very Important Date!

Posted by Susannah on December 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM Comments comments (0)
I'm Late....I'm Late.... For A Very Important Date
CHRISTMAS amongst other things!!!!
OK, I'm ready with the excuses so here they are
My car broke down, I missed the bus, the dog ate my homework? NO??   OK, I'll try something else
I've still not recovered from my vacation? Who can go on vacation this time of year and still do Christmas? Talking of my vacation I have my photo's uploaded to my Flickr account. There are rather a lot and I have them in three groups My Vacation New York, My vacation Miami and Dolls on Vacation. I messed up when uploading the Miami lot and they are sort of not in a set so I will have to either find out how to put them in a set once they have been uploaded or re upload them into a set? Confused? Yeah me too!.... not to worry I worked it out
I used Flickr and not photobucket as Flickr works better with my iPad (even if I still can't work out how to post pictures from Flickr)
Dolls in MIAMI

Dolls in NEW YORK


Family Vacation in NEW YORK

Family Vacation in MIAMI

Anyway back to my excuses for not posting in sooooo long!
Amy had a lot going on at school
Still having building work done in the kitchen and study which meant all my kitchen/study stuff was running riot all over the house.
I have three kittens they are MAD MAD MAD!

The kitchen is still not finished as my builder has hurt his back!
Mum and dad had a new kitchen fitted and they had to eat round my house.... still not finished as the company and the fitters are all MORONS! (Can you tell I'm not happy with their work?)
Have been trying to sort out the above mess for my parents.
I had to get a new car! This sounds good but I was more than happy with the one I had. The problem is it's a Motability car and has to be changed every three years like it or not! So now I have a Ford Focus,  it's all singing, dancing and even TALKS???? Trouble is it's soooo fancy I can't even find the heater! LOL Oh, and it's blue!
Godfrey has been unwell and was not eating (he lost a kilo in weight) So I was back and forth with him to the vets and trying to shove pills down his throat. This I could do when he was very poorly but not so easy as he felt better. He is fighting fit now I might add!
I got that tummy bug that's going round!
Dad's deaf... and daft!
Mum keeps forgetting things!
Amy had a visit to Great Ormand St Hospital in London for a check up on her eyes. (They are fine)
LIFE!
Then to top it all of Amy now has CHICKEN POX! Started just before Christmas she has them everywhere even in the corner of her eye and her mouth. Christmas day she had a temperature of 103.8 and could not eat her dinner! We had Duck in Orange sauce with Cauliflower cheese (I add tomato's to it.) peas... why do American's hardly ever have peas? We eat them with most meals! Oh, and lyonnaise potatoes (cooked with onions) I gotta say it was a PERFECT meal.
So that's it! Christmas came and went and I'm still not ready for it! Maybe I should start now ready for next year? But then I still have New year... when's that? Not to worry I have weeks yet!


Two Weeks To Christmas... how did that happen???

Posted by Susannah on December 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM Comments comments (0)
I'm still working on it not being Christmas for ages yet and now it's almost upon us? I think it must be because we had such a late vacation but I'm just not ready for it to be Christmas yet!
Still got builders at work.... I feel like it will NEVER end! *sigh* I have the lights done now and really only got a couple of doors to go on and some boxing in. The floor in both the kitchen and study is being laid on Thursday (I hope) Mick my builder was coming on Monday to finish off the other bits but he's hurt his back so not sure if it will be finished before Christmas now?
Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm going Christmas shopping with my mum and Sophie so it's going to be a loooong day! LOL Dad will have to pick Amy up from school I just hope we will not be too late home?
On Thursday both Sophie and I are having an eye check up, I'm thinking I will need new glasses as my eyes are so rubbish these days! Getting old sucks!
Talking of sucks one of my nutty kittens Izabelle keeps sucking on her sisters leg... very strange?
Getting back to Thursday as I said having the flooring laid this will be so wonderful and I will be posing pictures of my kitchen and study soon.
Friday it's Amy turn for an eye check up but this time it involves a day trip to Great Ormand St Hospital in London ...if I can get though to someone and book a car to take us there?
I was hoping for a little 'me' time on Saturday but I have to go sign some from for Amy's new car and then in the evening we are going out to dinner as it's dad's birthday on Friday he will be 82!!!!
This last week I have been trying to decorate for Christmas, I have managed to get two trees up so only one more to go and I even managed to get some dolls dressed up .... still got more to do though. No pictures yet as I did not have time for them as yet. The tree in the living room has been re-done a dozen times as the kittens think it was put up  just for them!
I've de-boxed some Lollipop dolls and their clothes fit the Momoko dolls and some fit the Dynamite dolls, again no pictures as yet!
Sophie is sitting next to me and we have just finished dinner. Now she tells me she had a huge Christmas dinner and has been eating all day so she feels sick! *Dang kids*!!!!
So that's it not a picture to be had! LOL





Kittens

Posted by Susannah on December 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM Comments comments (0)

My three Belles Annabelle and Izabelle are twins and Gezabelle who is now a big sister

Long time MIA

Posted by Susannah on December 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM Comments comments (2)
OK, so I've been MIA for over a month.... that's the three weeks I was on vacation and then since I've been home I have had nooooo time! So going baaaaack, baaaack, baaack in time I will start with my vacation. Oh, and I have quite a lot so I might need more than on e post so be prepared to be spammed/bored!
So it all started so well the fight to New York was fine and we got a taxi from JFK to Manhattan no problem. It was evening and I will NEVER forget Manhattan coming into view as we turned a corner AMAZING! We stayed at The Manhattan in Times Square a nice hotel in the centre of everything.

We knew of course that HS (Hurricane Sandy) was on it's way but this was the Thursday before and no one was that worried about it.
The next day (Friday) we went out and about after breakfast at the hotel ($120) exploring Times Square and the surrounding area and I found TRU!LOL  By now people were getting a little more concerned about HS so we thought it might be a good idea to go on a sight seeing tour around lower Manhattan in case the weather was to bad later on. It was really great we went through the garment district past Macy's and through China Town. We got off at Ground Zero and walked around visiting the site and memorial. We chatted for a while with a fireman who had been there that day but could no longer work. 
The memorial garden is beautiful and although there are 100's of people around it's easy to find time to think and walk around. When looking at all the names I was surprised by the number of female names had 'and un born child' next to it. I think someone said that over 80% of the people who died that day were under 40? There are of course many more that died that day that's names are not recorded as they were illegals working in and around the twin towers.
By now it was lunch time so we had a Chinese meal in a nearby restaurant then we made our way back to to hop on hop of bus stop to carry on our journey. We went to Battery Park next and looked out at the Statue of Liberty. Once again back on the bus and a look around the art district etc then Central Park and back to our hotel. By now the rumblings that HS was going to be a little more than a 'bit of wind' had started and it was the ONLY topic on the news/TV. (well it was at least more interesting than the election)
Sunday we met up with Mary (miniature couture). Mary lives right near Central Park so we walked around the Park fora while then we met Mary's daughter and went up to the roof of Mary's building the views are AMAZING. Afterwards we road on the subway and had lunch at LoLo's (where they filmed You've Got Mail)It was a lovely lunch and we all got on so well the cakes are out of this world! Afterwards we went for another walk then got a taxi to FAO.
By now everything was closing down, there were lines for the supermarkets and all the buses and trains were stopping and being moved to higher ground. This ment that everyone had to get home and that was that! The city that never sleep was going to bed!
Oh, I also brought an iPad in case we lost power. The hotel does have it's own generator though and we brought food I had a torch and we worked out where the fire exit was!
So that was that!
Monday almost everything was closed and it was windy but not that bad after breakfast we went for a walk and looked at all the CLOSED shops! Fancy going to New York and NOT shopping? LOL Like all the other tourist we just wandered around then went back to the hotel. Near by there was a Pizza Hut/ Kentucky that was open so we had Kentucky for dinner (they closed at 5pm) I sat by the window and watched.... well nothing really and played on my iPad.  Then the wind did start to pick up and the rain came in. We were not far from the crane that came down and a piece of 'something' come down narrowly missing someone that was foolish enough to be out in this bad weather.
Tuesday we stayed in most of the day just venturing out for some lunch and a look at the crane! Yes, we managed to find a store that sold hot food that was still open!
Wednesday was our last day in NY and we met up with Mary at Bloomingdales then Mary took us to a pet shop where she had brought her puppy Pumpkin. There I fell in love with THE MOST BEAUTIFUL KITTEN! If only I had $1800 doing nothing! LOL
Then is was back to the hotel to pack up ready to leave early the next morning for our flight down to MIAMI!










Vacation here we come!!!

Posted by Susannah on October 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM Comments comments (8)
Yep, it's time for our long overdue vacation. A week in New York and two weeks in Miami I'm hoping to visit doll friend's in both New York and Miami. I've never been to New York and I have always wanted to go, I was hoping to go for my 50th birthday... flying Concorde but of course the later will never happen.. stupid plane! Anyway because mum and dad were waiting to move last year we never made it so now I'm 51 but the vacation is my birthday gift from my parents so I can't complain. LOL
I've been sorting out my study now the walls are painted and I have the base units in place (old kitchen units) The rest will now have to wait until I come back!

Not had any time in my doll room with everything else that's going on!
I should have started packing by now but it's a pain what with it being for three people and in two very different weather areas although the weather in New York is quite good at the moment according to the net? So instead I'm trying to sort out what dolls will be going with us. This is where I need your help with a vote on what couple get to come with us.
Couple number one Pippa and Martin...
Pippa and Martin have been married for ten years Martin has a daughter Sailor from his first marriage and Pippa has a daughter Jenna. As a whole the girls get on but as Jenna will soon be hitting her teens and Sailor now in sixth form (17) and wanting more independence home life is starting to hot up! Pippa and Martin feel they need some alone time away from the hub bub of family and two teenage girls

Couple number two Agnes and Jonathan...
Agnes and Jonathan have been married for more than thirty years she was a child bride LOL Agnes is a model and Jonathan is a retired trader in the city. They have four children including a son who died shortly after birth. Their three other children are Gizelle 28 also a model, Neal 26 and actor and Akine 17. They need this vacation because... well have you read The Priors? Lets just say they have had a very trying couple of years!

Couple number three Akaine and Topher...
Akaine and Topher have been dating for six months now and would love some time together on a fun vacation. Akine is the 17 year old baby daughter of Agnes and Jonathan (above). Topher is 21 and moved to England from America last year. He is over here on a three year apprenticeship learning to build boats!

Couple number four Kandy and Chris...
Kandy and Chris have been together for four years. Kandy 22 is the younger sister of Rumi and Sarah (married to Agnes and Jonathan's son Neal) she works for a fashion merchandiser in a large department store. Chris  24 is a boat builder he works for his father. They have little money having just purchased their apartment so this vacation would be wonderful for them.

Couple number five Darius and Dasha...
Darius has been dating Dasha for a couple of years on and off. Darius owns a night club and has a reputation as a bit of a player. Dasha can get very jealous at times often warranted but will anger Darius as it makes him feel guilty. He is now trying to keep on the straight and narrow. They don't live together but Dasha is spending more and more time at Darius's apartment. This would be their fist vacation together and could make of brake their relationship.

Couple number six Eden and Luke....
Eden 23 and Luke 25 are engaged to be married in fact this should have been their Honeymoon but Luke was taken ill (swine flu) on their wedding day. Eden is Kandy's best friend and they were at school together. Luke is the nephew of Agnes and Jonathan (his mother Angela is Agnes's sister)

Couple number seven Daniel and Amie....
This couple are a bit of a mystery at the moment Daniel is 19 as is Amie they met in Japan and have travelled together for over a year. They are now living in England as Daniel is looking for family who live in England. They have been in England for a while now and are getting itchy feet this vacation could be just what they need

Couple number eight Oliver and Olive...
This couple met when they both booked a table for four under the name O Goodman. Yes, he is Oliver Goodman and she is Olive Goodman. The restaurant thought it was just the one O Goodman and they ended up sharing a table for six (with there being eight it was a tight fit so they got pretty close pretty fast) They are both 23 and looking for work  so an all expenses paid vacation would be a great break from 'life' for a while!

POLL NOW CLOSED...
Winners are Luke and Eden



What a week!

Posted by Susannah on October 1, 2012 at 8:00 AM Comments comments (1)
First off Monday and Tuesday the tiler was here.... he did a great job I love my new walls! The kitchen is coming along well and I have Mick back today doing whatever it is he's doing? LOL Oh, and on Wednesday the electrician fitted my 'disco' lights etc. I did not intend to buy a new dishwasher but the old one (silver Bosch) looked soooo wrong with my black glossy kitchen so it had to go!

Still got a way to go though!
So what did I do while all this work was going on? I kitten sat! Yes, Gez was a little upset with all the noise and going on . Plus, she's thinks she is little Miss Whizzy and I had a hard time keeping up with her. But no problem I had Thursday and Friday to catch up with my doll room building? You think??? Nope!!!!

(No she was not washing her bum I put her on the seat so I could take a pick but Miss Whizzy was off before I could click)
When I collected Amy from school on Wednesday they said she had a bit of a tummy bug.... sure enough she had me up all night... and the next plus she needed me all day for FOUR DAYS! Don't get me wrong that's my job but it's definitely not the favourite side of my job description!  LOL But today is Monday and she has gone back to school.... AND the builders are back!
I now have three days to Amy's birthday (Wednesday) three weeks to our vacation and three months to Christmas!
I DID however manage an hour in the doll room yesterday but I still need to get my photo's taken for an article I've written.
As to dolls....

Three new re bodied dolls Delilah, Paul and Pamela

Orphilia

Isla

Chip


Life

Posted by Susannah on September 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM Comments comments (1)
I'm writing this with a purring kitten sleeping under my chine! This makes writing a little difficult but not as much as when she is awake as she loves to sit on the keyboard and play with the buttons!!! As you can tell she has settled in well and is just totally ADORABLE! I'm so pleased she came to us and the girls love her too. God was not so sure but this morning I held him while Gez played around us and then later helped her while he was wandering about no hissing just watching so should be fine??? Famous last words! LOL
On the building front the kitchen is now in and the tiler is here today.Tomorrow the electrician is back and the dishwasher will be here at sometime tomorrow? Then Mick the builder will be back to finish off and make good then he can start on the study! Once the study is done I can get the flooring down as this will be running through both rooms! Oh, and I still have no cabinet door handles
My dolls are feeling VERY neglected as I just can't find the time for either them or the doll room! I'm starting to get major withdrawal!!! I did go shopping last week and picked up these wonderful soap boxes

Plus, a Justin Beiber doll (my fist)I was very pleased to find he is JOINTED
My Agnes and Erin arrived this week too but again other than removing them from the box they have had no attention at all!

Can you spot Gez under the table?

I love both pairs of shoes

Oh, and I have swapped their accessories around!

Sadly Agnes arrived with a birth mark on her neck... I really must contact IT about this!

It's like a BLOG a day with me at the moment... Kitten!

Posted by Susannah on September 18, 2012 at 8:25 AM Comments comments (1)
OK, so most of you know I lost my little Didi cat last week and I said we would get a new kitten after Christmas weeeeell,
We now have a little black (Didi) and white (Jem) kitten called Gezabelle (I changed the J to G so it goes with Godfrey)
So what happen I hear you ask?
This morning on my way back from dropping Amy off at school chatting with a couple of the other mums we noticed a tiny kitten under a neighbours car. We stopped and tried to get it out but it went up into a wheel arch! By now a crowed had started to gather and the mum who's kitten it was said she was looking for new homes and did I want it? Naturally I said I did (so long as it was not splatted by the car driving off). Anyway I had to go in as Sophie was going to college and the builders were here. Later my dad arrived and I was telling him the story and he asked if I ment the car with the wheel off? We looked out of the window just as one of the mums scooped up the kitten. Naturally we had to go out and make sure it was OK? I brought her indoors and although the owner said they are about 13 weeks I can't see she is more than 8-9 weeks? She was very dirty but otherwise fine. God was on my bed so I showed him the kitten... he looked a little surprised but otherwise not overly interested. The kitten had a hissy fit and pee'd on my LOL. I thought it best she gets more settled so I have her in a cage and she has slept most of the day. God came in and had a sniff while she was sleeping and run back upstairs! Oh, and because we have workmen in he could not get to his box so he pooped in the bath! Jolly good fun for all!
Now this should be the end of the story but going back to my blog the other day about my dream... When I phoned my mum she told me that she had a dream last night about finding a little black and white kitten.... Gez is black and white????

Dolls!

Posted by Susannah on September 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM Comments comments (1)
A doll post for you today....
Well fashions anyways
First up is Catherine dressed in this stunning beaded dress by Ginny. Catherine has been swapped on to a FR body.

Next still sticking with Mattel

Well, OK so I cheated a little with a couple bodies.... but the heads are Mattel. All clothing, shoe's, purses and dog are Mattel from the Tim Gunn collection.

Karen is on a pivotal body

Lark is on her original Fashionista body

Indigo has the first issue Fashion Royalty body

Mirabelle has a first issue Dynamite body
.......................
Next up are some goodies I purchased in the Randall Craig sale on Evil Bay
All the clothes, shoes and seating are by RC

Devin

Dora

Kalli
.......................
Finally I got this Barbie dress I love it on Kesenia


Dreams

Posted by Susannah on September 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM Comments comments (2)
I dreamt it was two minutes past eight I woke up and.... it was two minutes past eight? Nothing earth shattering for sure but a little strange? This got me thinking about all the times I visited some place new but remembered it? Or, the conversations where you know what people are going to say? Does this happen to others or am I ready for the nut-house? LOL (And why oh, why no matter how many times I write it can I still not spell minites???? Thank you to the person who invented spellchek)
These early morning thought sent me to thinking about other early morning thoughts.... no not THAT gosh you have a dirty mind!!!! HeHe
The other day I was chatting with my mother about my earliest memory's. I was half asleep in my fathers arms and we had been out. He carried me through to my bedroom and my mother wondered if she should undress me or leave me as I was so as not to wake me. She decided on the later and my father laid me in my cot. The cot was in the centre of the room in front of the fire. We worked out that I was about five months old? I have other early memories but I think this is the first?
OK, so enough of the freaking people out back to life, back to reality (that would make a good song that would) LOL
Most important (think brain messing freak out) my kitchen... or the lake there off! At least I have a plastered ceiling so that's some progress! The builder ins coming Monday to start painting and them he and another carpenter will start on the units Tuesday! YES!!!! My cooker is due Monday... or it might be Tuesday I really must write these things down! Just wait to you SEE it HeHeHe..... I say nothing! My worktops arrived on Friday so now we can't get into the study and you have to cock you leg to get out the back door! Not sure how this will work out for Mick my builder (with a bad back)? He's hoping to have it done within the week, can't see it myself but at least I have FINALLY made a choice on my splash-backs and cupboard handles!!!! I did realise that I had forgotten to buy the plinth lights and heater so will need to get them one day next week? Oh, well who said I wanted a quite life? What a little hint on my kitchen?

As you know my little Didi cat died last week, for many years she had suffered with a snotty nose and sneezed a lot! (OK, I do have a reason for telling you this I'm not just trying to gross you out) Well I neeeed a new sofa as this one has been shredded by the cats (Didi and Jem both now gone) and is a little snot-worn (is that a word? I'll get it put in Wikipedia then it will be) any who I said when Didi went I would get a new sofa, I did think she had a couple more years but it was not to be! *sigh* So last year when looking at furniture with my parents I found THE MOST WONDERFUL SOFA! One of those you either love or hate! My mum and I loved it my dad hated it but at almost £2000 ($3000) not much chance of my buying it anyway!

But now I found this one

I'm thinking it will most likely clash with the wallpaper but hay ho! Oh, and it's a LOT less money! Yes, I know the first one is STUNNING and you get what you pay for but in my case it's.... I get what In can afford! At least my parents are paying for my holiday (vacation) So maybe after Christmas???? Fingers crossed????

Dreams

Posted by Susannah on September 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM Comments comments (0)
I dreamt it was two minutes past eight I woke up and.... it was two minutes past eight? Nothing earth shattering for sure but a little strange? This got me thinking about all the times I visited some place new but remembered it? Or, the conversations where you know what people are going to say? Does this happen to others or am I ready for the nut-house? LOL (And why oh, why no matter how many times I write it can I still not spell minites???? Thank you to the person who invented spellchek)
These early morning thought sent me to thinking about other early morning thoughts.... no not THAT gosh you have a dirty mind!!!! HeHe
The other day I was chatting with my mother about my earliest memory's. I was half asleep in my fathers arms and we had been out. He carried me through to my bedroom and my mother wondered if she should undress me or leave me as I was so as not to wake me. She decided on the later and my father laid me in my cot. The cot was in the centre of the room in front of the fire. We worked out that I was about five months old? I have other early memories but I think this is the first?
OK, so enough of the freaking people out back to life, back to reality (that would make a good song that would) LOL
Most important (think brain messing freak out) my kitchen... or the lake there off! At least I have a plastered ceiling so that's some progress! The builder ins coming Monday to start painting and them he and another carpenter will start on the units Tuesday! YES!!!! My cooker is due Monday... or it might be Tuesday I really must write these things down! Just wait to you SEE it HeHeHe..... I say nothing! My worktops arrived on Friday so now we can't get into the study and you have to cock you leg to get out the back door! Not sure how this will work out for Mick my builder (with a bad back)? He's hoping to have it done within the week, can't see it myself but at least I have FINALLY made a choice on my splash-backs and cupboard handles!!!! I did realise that I had forgotten to buy the plinth lights and heater so will need to get them one day next week? Oh, well who said I wanted a quite life? What a little hint on my kitchen?
As you know my little Didi cat died last week, for many years she had suffered with a snotty nose and sneezed a lot! (OK, I do have a reason for telling you this I'm not just trying to gross you out) Well I neeeed a new sofa as this one has been shredded by the cats (Didi and Jem both now gone) and is a little snot-worn (is that a word? I'll get it put in Wikipedia then it will be) any who I said when Didi went I would get a new sofa, I did think she had a couple more years but it was not to be! *sigh* So last year when looking at furniture with my parents I found THE MOST WONDERFUL SOFA! One of those you either love or hate! My mum and I loved it my dad hated it but at almost £2000 ($3000) not much chance of my buying it anyway!

But now I found this one

I'm thinking it will most likely clash with the wallpaper but hay ho! Oh, and it's a LOT less money! Yes, I know the first one is STUNNING and you get what you pay for but in my case it's.... I get what In can afford! At least my parents are paying for my holiday (vacation) So maybe after Christmas???? Fingers crossed????

Just a little Frazzled

Posted by Susannah on September 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM Comments comments (2)
After almost four years in this house I'm finally getting a new kitchen! I was thinking about it last night and this will be my first ever kitchen by ME! My first home was with my boyfriend and he felt to place did not need anything done to it!!!! Second home was on my own a brand new place I rented so nothing I could do with that one. Next up a flat above my parents shop that never really had a kitchen OR a bathroom for that matter!!! Then when I got Sophie we moved to a little flat with a basic kitchen and money was tight so I had to make do and just paint the units. So onwards to my next home a two bedroom house with a ratty kitchen, after we had lived there four years the housing association replaced it. I had a choice of four doors and two worktops so not really much of a choice! LOL Within the year we moved again to this house with another awful kitchen!

So now I'm without a kitchen and my house looks like this.....

Dining room

Living room

Hall

and my study (one day)

The doll room is in overflow too and that's part of the reason I can't get anything done!

Just a little Frazzled

Posted by Susannah on September 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM Comments comments (0)
After almost four years in this house I'm finally getting a new kitchen! I was thinking about it last night and this will be my first ever kitchen by ME! My first home was with my boyfriend and he felt to place did not need anything done to it!!!! Second home was on my own a brand new place I rented so nothing I could do with that one. Next up a flat above my parents shop that never really had a kitchen OR a bathroom for that matter!!! Then when I got Sophie we moved to a little flat with a basic kitchen and money was tight so I had to make do and just paint the units. So onwards to my next home a two bedroom house with a ratty kitchen, after we had lived there four years the housing association replaced it. I had a choice of four doors and two worktops so not really much of a choice! LOL Within the year we moved again to this house with another awful kitchen!

So now I'm without a kitchen and my house looks like this.....

Dining room

Living room

Hall

and my study (one day)

The doll room is in overflow too and that's part of the reason I can't get anything done!

Goodbye Olympics

Posted by Susannah on September 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM Comments comments (2)
Have you been watching? OK, first off anyone that knows me knows... I don't do 'sport'! Nope, can't be bothered with it! BORING! So I watched the opening and closing of the Olympics and as the girls love sport a few bits in between. Then a week brake and back with the Paralympics. So watched the opening and can't miss all the adverts so nothing else on TV might as well have the Paras on..... OMG these people are AMAZING!!!!! I'm now an expert on all things paralympic and can hold my own in any paralympic conversation! I hope you got to see it in your country, if not I'm very sad for you there is no way I can express how AMAZING it ALL was!

So now I'm watching the parade through London and there must be MILLIONS of people there! I'm recording it for the girls to watch when they get home as they did not want to go to school/college and miss it.
WONDERFUL!!!!!!
I'm betting there will be quite a baby boom in 8/9 months time? LOL

............................

So now back to my life which has been pretty boring in comparison....
Well towards the end of the summer holidays we met up with Sophie's birth grandparents in London for lunch and as always had an enjoyable time chatting with them. They are the only birth family members that Sophie has contact with and Amy has no contact with her birth family.
It was cool looking around London all dressed up for the Olympics (sorry I'm back to the Olympics again)
Mum and dad are now settled in their home around the corner and our vacation is booked .... one week in NEW YORK my 50th birthday gift from my parents and a two week break in MIAMI and boy do I need it! At the moment I'm trying to function with no kitchen and not getting on very well! LOL I have the kettle and microwave in the living room, the fridge in the hallway and all the rest of my kitchen and study in my dining room and doll room.
Upstairs I have just built a few (5) Ikea units that are waiting to be put up on my bedroom wall so my whole house is one giant TIP!
In the garden it's still waiting for new fencing and a decked area to be done and just for added fun I now have a pile of kitchen units waiting to be fitted into the study in the middle of a paved area!!!!!
For the last week we have finally seen a little sun (now the kids are back at school). I was going to pack the pool away but decided to keep it out for another week and the girls have had a wonderful time in it! But now the weather is again on the turn so I'm emptying it out and packing it away!
................................
So now onto my dolls.... Got a few new ones including a beautiful gifted doll from Dawn (One Sixth Sense) she is THE MOST AMAZING DOLL ARTIST AND PERSON EVER!!!!! She's also my shipping buddy!
Today TOTEM arrived along with some other goodies in a box from Dawn.

Kesenia arrived last week and so did this wonderful dress by Louos... LINK to more pictures
Other goodies
Finally I got this dress a couple of weeks back from Ginny it's so HEAVY!!!! Fully beaded it's soooooo beautiful!
Some goodies from a few weeks back
Sarah's outfit is by Louos and Neal has a new for me set
For what I've been up to in my doll room ...... LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment