Tuesday 18 July 2017

Not Very Happy



    Not been around for the last few days, and as it's hot plus I need to watch Tilly this will be a quick one.
    So Saturday weather was chilly and raining, why is the weather always bad at the weekend? parents came for the day and mum was trying to garden in and out of the rain... gave up! I'm trying the make fancy (for me double doors for my penthouse hotel room that I'm re-doing.
    Sunday weather was a little better and my friend came for the day with her three boys. They all played in the pool then got out just before lunch. Her youngest boy said he was feeling ill...toilet? no Food...No? Appendicitis....Maybe? So off to hospital with him my friend went. A few hours later they return. Had seen triage and told to wait. Two children had been waiting over two HOURS both with broken arms!!!! She asked how long the wait and was told five hours!!! So they left as he was feeling better anyway. They all stayed for dinner...amazing how you can turn a meal for three into a meal for seven 😼
    Then just as try were leaving Tilly (cat) had a fit thing???? I've never seen anything like it, not like a waving arms and legs thing but more a bouncing around thing? Quiet frightening to witness and I moved her out from under the chair so she did not hurt herself and this seemed to stop the fit.After a while she was fine, no vets open on a Sunday evening so I had to wait until the following morning to take her. Vet checked her over and apart from her old age (17) and her having lost a little weight (we have a lot of trouble making her eat anything other than toffee cake and cheese?) she looked fine. Hoping this was just a one off .... maybe it was a bug bit or sting we went home? The rest of Monday was taken up with fixing the heater in the pool and housework!
    Tuesday and I was hoping to get back to my doors and building stuff. Just after breakfast Tilly was asleep on her little stool when she had another fit!This time I was straight onto the vet and was at the vets within minutes. This time bloods were taken (£90) and by lunchtime the vet had phoned with results. They had checked her over and no lumps found, heart hard to check as she does not stop purring but all looked OK. Only issue a high with blood count. Now this might just be from a infection so she is on a weeks course of Antibiotics. If they do not work then.......well it can only be a tumour and I'm guessing it's in her brain?

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully she get better with the antibiotics and it isn't anything else.

    ReplyDelete