Sunday 9 July 2017

Thank goodness it's Sunday!


Thank goodness it's SUNDAY! Enough of the whizzing about all over the place in the heat! As I said in my last post we went to Harefield hospital on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I spent most of the day doing housework and playing catch up. It was supposed to be my 'me' day as mum has the girls for me. BUT dad decided to spend the day 'gardening' this was five minutes in the garden as it was so hot followed by sitting on his backside asking for tea and lunch while watching the TV! Not really the alone time is was hoping for and if I say anything his has that lost puppy look and can't see that he is not wanted... just for a while I really need that 'me' time but other than in bed (with cats rattling the door) I never have any anymore! I did take a few pictures
These are my Doll Diva Birthday Bash Prizes
Cushions and a colouring book plus pencil set
OK, so I have a very small thing about doll toilets and this little mini loo came with my prize (thanks Kathy)
And my other prize was a cake cutter, handy as it'sc my birthday in a couple of weeks

Oh, and I brought this bike when I was in Brighton
So Friday mum, girls and I drop this portable heart thing off at the hospital and then went on to Kingston Upon Thames for the day. Well, that was the plan anyway. Good drive to the hospital and relieved that we turned off the M25 just as the traffic was building up. Dropped off machine and decided a cuppa was required as it was already hitting 27c (80f). Then setting the sat nav (we call her scatty) we headed for Kingston. Now what we did not realise was there was a MASSIVE flower show on at Hampton Court Palace
Plus an accident on M25 AND a march through London! THREE HOURS....THREE HOURS it took us for a under thirty minute journey. By the time we arrived so knackered we called hardly put one foot in front of the other shopping was not the most fun of ideas. So a walk down to the river dodging from one spot of shade to the next as by now is was 32c (90f) we did find a wonderful French restaurant that we will most defiantly go back to. After out late lunch a little look around and then back to the car as we headed home. Again Scatty was employed as our assistant in the hope of avoiding the home bound traffic and she did well guiding us through London and areas we had never been to before. We arrived home exhausted and after feeding cats, clearing cat boxes and a cuppa my bed was very much calling (yelling) out to me.
Saturday was up early AGAIN and this time we were off to the o2 Arena to see Mrs Browns Boys. Drive was good and Security was everywhere (no surprise after Manchester) Watched the show, very good and very funny also very rude!
The yet another search for somewhere to eat. This time it was Ask Italian and the food was again very good.
Still VERY hot and was so happy to be home and in bed...with the fan on full naturally.
Now for some rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment