Wednesday 17 May 2017

Dang Computers!

It's a little late as my computer stopped working, I have that affect on all things electrical. My top one is the brand new multi million £ computer system at Heathrow Airport. You are supposed to put in your details and it spits out your tickets... ha so that was the idea. I did try and tell the guy 'helping' that it would not work for me but he was insistent so I tried with him watching and bing boom fizzle... out went the whole lot! So I booked in with a human. I also managed to mess with the pumps at a gas station freezing the system so it all had to be re-booted, and don't even get me started on self help tills, I just would never even try and use one any more. Funny thing most of the stuff in my home is OK, but every now and then I have a 'power surge' and off it will go! 
So what if anything (apart from busted computer) happened yesterday? 
Well, it's another longish story go get coffee....OK, sitting comfy? Then I will begin 
About a month ago I ordered a mattress for Sophie's bed. it was due for delivery on 25th April. Then the delivery company had a fire and the mattress was destroyed OK so that's and fine and dandy, they should order me another one and deliver that, no biggy? A few days later I receive an e.mail that the mattress was damaged in the fire and they will contact me in the next three days. So I wait....and wait...and wait after a week I contact THEM. They say they will get back to me...I wait! Then on Tuesday I get e.mail can be delivered on 4th May. I clear space and arrange for someone to look after my girls. THEN I get a message that order cancelled and I'm to await details on future delivery?????????? I contact the company and get 'oh, were sorry oops!' I ask for manager ... oh he's in a meeting (like I believe THAT) so he's going to phone me asap.... I'M STILL WAITING!!!! I go on FB and post four grumpy messages and guess what within a couple of minutes they want to talk!!! Amazing what a bit of bad publicity can do! I must say the guy was very helpful and within a couple of hours I had a message that they were very sorry would deliver asap no delivery charge and would I like to chose something from there site up to the value of £20 plus free delivery a total of £36 ....the mattress was only £129 so in the end it's OK. BUT it did take up most of my day and if I had been someone who went out to work and had to have the day off it would have been a very different matter! Finished your coffee? Good,I will post more later today (computer permitting) 
Sorry no pictures, I'm sure you can get the idea of a mad and frustrated woman swearing at a computer (oh, that might be why it stopped working?)

No comments:

Post a Comment