Wednesday 31 May 2017

I have a Policeman!

Life has been pretty manic over the weekend.
Saturday was VERY hot and humid, mum and dad were here for the day along with my friends two boys who were staying the weekend so she and her partner could go away for the night. I used to take the boys to school each day with Amy but once they moved we no longer see them so much. Amy misses them big time (as do I) so it's nice to have them for the weekend. Anyway as soon as they arrived it was pool time. The pool was still pretty empty of water but what do kids care LOL. After a few minutes one of the boys calls me over he has found a bump under the pool, so in I go think the water would be freezing it was by now just below my knees. YEP! a bump...then another! Should we ignore them and chance it or empty the pool? After some discussion we decided to empty the pool and not chance it. This took until the evening to do!!! Once we had opened the two end plugs the water started to gush out slowly making it's way around the garden and causing mini rivers and floods to pop up all around the garden. Later when the water had stopped running from the bung holes the kids took buckets into the pool and water was whooshed around the garden with great joy and glee.
Once we felt enough water had been removed they all held the side up and I went under and located the lumps, easier said than done I can tell you, but I found them and removed them. Very shape stones that would have most certainly have damaged the pool in the end. THEN we started to re- fill the pool again.
BBQ for dinner but this would not light properly? So after a while I decided to cook indoors but we still all ate in the garden.
Then once my parents had gone home and all the washing up (LOADS of washing up) exhausted everyone went to bed.
Sunday the forecast was for rain but when we got up it was bright and sunny so we breakfasted in the garden with a whole pile of American pancakes. The humidity was way up so much of the day the kids were in the pool giving me a little time to read the papers. By now I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not being on the computer but did not want to go indoors and leave the kids in the pool unsupervised. OK, maybe that was a little daft as they are not babies the boys are 13 and 15. LOL
The cats have had spurts of lethargy and lunacy I think the heat was getting to them all. Was getting worried about Tilly as she stopped eating and lethargic but she is fine now so putting it down to her age (17) and the heat.

Oh, and on Saturday the Police doll mum made me order arrived and he is even more detailed than I thought (still having a bit of an issue with the use of Wayne Rooney's head....he's a footballer not a cop????)
So hot my brain had fried so no pictures of the weekend but here are a few of my new guy, photo shoot did not go quite as I wanted but in this house you expect the un-expected!
Got $10 off as the box had a crinkle
Over 40 pieces in this set!
I would like to thank Jordan and Perri for their 'help' today!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment