Wednesday 17 May 2017

Strange!

Yesterday was a very strange day in which nothing much happened? We got up, dad came round later mum came round after her golf lesson. Dad watched TV and played with his trains in the loft, mum and girls did some gardening and I spent most of the day updating dad's ipad so he can use it when he is in hospital next week. Did you know they charge £28 a week to watch TV in Harefield hospital!!!! You can go to the TV room and watch the big TV for free but as it's a heart hospital most are on bed rest. The last time only people watching TV was us! They only allow two at a time and as there are four of us we sort of rotated who was with dad and who watched TV. 
I also had a go at making Caramel slice using a digestive biscuit base (I find the shortbread base to sweet) anyway it sort of worked but I think I had to much Caramel o was a little sticky. Tilly on the other had thought all her birthdays had come at once and woofed up the sticky mess left on our plates. It's no wonder the cat has no teeth! I can't begin to imagine what her old lady used to feed her on? 
OK, so I did manage to find something to talk about 
Little Miss Tilly no teeth (but then she is 16) 

.........................................................
WOW What a difference a day makes! 
After my nice quite day on Friday Saturday was a little more interesting. I had some time to kill in the morning so messed with the computer, still trying to get it to be friends with the Cricut machine but my computer was having none of it *sigh* 
Sophie's birthday is on Tuesday so we went out to dinner last night to a lovely Chinese in a nearby town. As always it was wonderful. 
As it was still early mum and dad came back with us to watch Britons Got Talent. I always think I have a strange family but an hour watching BGT and I have to think it's the whole world that's gone bonkers! 
Still not had any doll time but I have got as far as sorting out some clothes that no longer fit Amy that I can use to start with as I don't want to waist good fabric while I'm testing out the sowing machine and my brain! 
 


....................................
My happy place is all gone! My computer started to do the right thing so while on a roll I thought I would change the sim in my mum's phone as the mobile company had sent a 4G sim. HA! No way is it going to work!!! The note with the sim says if it's not working follow the simple instructions on line at www.virginmobile.co.uk/activate HA! when you put the address you go to virgin MEDIA! Although a few ramblings about 4G no link and no idea where to go next? So I will phone them tomorrow Oh, the joys!!!!!
Tried to phone my parents on the land line...it's not working! Can't leave them with no phone and I have mum's mobile (trying to fix new sim) so I thought I would pop around and give them Sophie's. THEN I find that her phone is out of credit!!!! Oh, and they live around the corner (2 minute drive) took me 20 MINUTES as they are having some sort of car rally in the village!!!!
Later with parents land line now working.I phoned them to let them know. Dad says internet not working on his ipad? Now dad is very deaf and I'm already stressed so try and explain issue what dad needs to do to check it! If only he could understand what left, right, up down and above, bellow means! *sigh*
I need a holiday, as soon as dad is better I will be booking some time away.
Doll time? What doll time???? 


.........................................


When I used to make clothes for Barbie I had a shop that I would sell them in. Nothing overly fancy but I would sell simple stuff mostly for children. I started out with commercial patterns that I would then change and make my own. Like every thing I would collect patterns and many have never been used! When Sophie (22 Today) came along I did not have as much time or space (kids need a LOT of space) and would only very occasionally still make the odd item. Then when we moved I had other things going on so it has all just sat in cupboards for years! This past week I have been sorting through all my fabrics and patterns, I even found stuff cut out and ready to make! I brought a new sowing machine (2 maybe 3 YEARS ago) and I have used it twice to shorten some trousers for me! Now it's time to start and see if I can get back into it. No, it's not just like ridding a bike and easy to get back into. I have pretty much forgotten everything and need to start again from scratch with eyes and hands not to mention brain that's a lot older than it was! This will be quite a challenge.... I also want to make soft furnishings and mix making stuff with my Cricut (that's at this moment is working!!!)
I don't want to start with my good fabrics so sorted through the clothes that Amy has grown out of plus a few random fabric scraps.
Now lets see what I end up with?










No comments:

Post a Comment